User Avatar Image

When can we expect to see SOMETHING about Telltale's KQ?

posted by Blackthorne519 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.0K users

I wonder when we'll see or hear something substantial about Tell-Tale's King's Quest game.

Bt

480 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @wilco64256 said: OMG we should get Jane Jensen to write a movie, Chris Nolan to direct it, George Lucas to produce it, and Robert Pattinson can be the star. It would be AWESOME!!

Anything George Lucas has touched since 1997 or so is crappy, we all know this.

• a hack who copied off a great man who we all know and love.

Angus MacGyver?!

• Andrew Lang, duh.

Ah, I was going to ask, what does Andrew Lang have to with mullets...

Then I remembered that one of the stories in his "collections" (an obvious term that means he must have 'plagiarized' other writers and story tellers himself) is;

"The Battle of the Mullets and the Dolphins"...!

Apparently its a story he took from "Pliny".

But based on that title it must be about disgruntled Miami Dolphins fans.

• So, because mice run around in a cell in KQ6, a game that hadn't been released yet, and don't lead me to any items, I should have automatically assumed that the mouse in KQ5 also wasn't leading me to any items.

Anyone else see the flaw in this logic?

BTW, are there really even mice in the cell in KQ6? I only remember the spider in the foreground.

EDIT: Looks like several people already beat me to this comment. Lol--oh well. I do enjoy the debate, for what it's worth.

• So, because mice run around in a cell in KQ6, a game that hadn't been released yet, and don't lead me to any items, I should have automatically assumed that the mouse in KQ5 also wasn't leading me to any items.

No mice run around in the cell in KQ6... A giant spider thing can appear in the foreground wall though!

Anyone else see the flaw in this logic?

Yes!

• @Anakin Skywalker said: The boy ghost to me is a bit of Fridge Horror. It implies that Caliphim (or possibly one of his ancestors) locked a little boy in a dungeon, possibly along with his mother, to die. I don't think Alhazred did it, although I suppose it is possible.

Haha...I never thought of that, but you're totally right. Caliphim was a cold-hearted bastard! Alexander only rescued him because he wanted to get into Cassima's knickers.

At least, that would be the "realistically psychological" take on it. ;)

• The boy... I think his mother killed him... That's why she was trapped on the surface of the Realm of the Dead...

She later had regrets!

Murder/suicide maybe?

In anycase, the kid was 'lost', and couldn't find his way to the Realm of the Dead...

Or perhaps, he got lost (he said liked to play in the secret passages), and no one found him! He died, and his spirit stayed lost..

The mother died of grief, and hoped he could find his way back to her... But since she never found him, her own grief left her trapped on the surface.

You do get a few comments that apparently, they have been dead for ages 'long past' or some such.

• I don't think it implied the kid died there. It was just a nice lonely place to hide and cry. And wail. You know, ghost stuff.

That is a funny implication, though lol.

• Maybe the castle was built on top of an indian graveyard? Ironically when I built a castle replica in Minecraft there turned out to be a zombie spawner directly below that exact cell.

Add Comment