User Avatar Image

The adventurer's cap

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 876 users

I always was slightly irked when later King's Quest games portrayed Graham's hat as looking blue:

Graham.png

when earlier games make it look obviously cyan.

27358480.png

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @BagginsKQ said: Kinda describes Mordack...

luke-i-am-your-father.jpg

?

Also, Mordack is not a very timid, wimpy, puppy dog sort of guy. Desirous of Cassima? Yes. But Alexander is much more weird and wimpy about it. Perhaps it's Alexander's voice. He sounds so effete in KQ6.

• Mordack did take the stalker thing to an extreme, though--kidnapping her, forcing her to be his servant unless she'd agree to marry? Psy-cho!

• @KatieHal said: Mordack did take the stalker thing to an extreme, though--kidnapping her, forcing her to be his servant unless she'd agree to marry? Psy-cho!

Yeah, but that's standard evil guy stuff.
    Alex on the other hand meets a woman ONCE for a FEW MINUTES. Decides she "invited" him to visit her homeland when in truth she said no such thing, and is convinced she loves him throughout the story and is just obsessed with her.

• Alex sounds the Beast in disney's beaty and the Beast... Well perhaps after he becomes the prince.

Yes I know same actor.

Let's be fair the magic mirror shows that Cassima has been pining away for "Alexaaaander, where are you? Alexanderrrrrr!"

If that's not an invitation, I don't what is...

Besides in KQ Companion they might have talked with each other a few more times between KQ5 and 6!

Of course once he finally finds Cassima, she's like "oh it really is you, I knew you would come."!

So it may not be that Alexander is a stalker but the victim of a beguiling witch! One who wanted him! He wasn't spying on her, but she was spying on and ensorcelling him!

• That's at least one step more than Graham, who decided upon merely seeing Valanice in an image in the mirror, decided hey, I should marry that girl!

• Well the the mirror gave him her background story, and kinda told him to persue her!

Although, I can't believe he wasn't warned about trusting 'easy' girls, that accept any joe blow who comes around...

Hmm I got a crazy conspiracy theory! Graham actually married Hagatha without knowing it! She tricked him with that bogus backstory she showed him in the mirror... That's why graham can't kill her, and that's why she was never seen again! She was in on the plot giving Alexander to Manannan and secretly involved with the castle's capture! It was an inside job!

• @KatieHal said: That's at least one step more than Graham, who decided upon merely seeing Valanice in an image in the mirror, decided hey, I should marry that girl!

Choices were limited back then!

Besides, if a Magic Fuckin' Mirror showed me an image of a beautiful girl, I would say "Well, if she's good enough for a Magic Fuckin' Mirror, she's good enough for me!!!"

Bt

• Especially a mirror that can never tell a lie, past, present or future!

• Seriously, though, if I looked into a mirror one day and it magically showed me a picture of a sheep and said I was to marry it, I'd marry that sheep and move to Scotland to live a life free of oppression, no questions asked.

Bt

Add Comment