User Avatar Image

Best and Worst KQ Costumes (credit to Katie)

posted by Anakin Skywalker on - last edited - Viewed by 717 users

KatieHal came up with this idea first, and it is a good one. It doesn't necessarily have to be the absolute best and worst costumes, it can be more of a discussion about the various costumes in the series.

I never particularly liked Valanice's KQ7 costume. But I think Edgar looked cool at the end of KQ7--The tunic and cape and whatnot. Some of Conor's outfits are really cool, though I wish they would've stuck with the Medieval Fisherman looking version of him.

Graham's outfit IMO is the best of course. I'm not really sure of what to think of Alex's in KQ6--Sometimes it looks cool to me but others it looks rather ridiculous. As for villains, it's a toss up between Lolotte, Mordack and Alhazred. Manannan is your standard dark wizard, Malicia is much akin to a female Disney witch type, and Lucreto...Lucreto is interesting, I will give him that. He probably comes in second place.

17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm not a big fan of most of the costumes in KQ7. They were just so boring, and after the ones in KQ6 added so much detail (stripes, accents, patterns, etc), it's kind of a let down that KQ7's costumes are so plain.

Val's is an especially bad one, though. And Malicia's.

• I'll say what I said on the POS forums: Valanice in KQ7 is a carbon copy of Lady Tremaine (the villain) from Disney's Cinderella. Odd choice for a reference model, but there it is.

And of course we can't forget KQ6 Alexander's rather eye-gouging "look, this totally isn't stolen from Kevin Costner in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves!" costume. That gets my vote for worst.

I prefer some of the initial concept art drawings... especially the first one, with Alex wearing what seems to be a metal breastplate over a fancy embroidered shirt, and the third, which puts him apparently in Roman-style armor (a neat idea, if inconsistent with the usual "look" of Daventry). Not sure how I feel about the idea of Alex with long hair... it might be a good fit for the more "medieval" outfits, or that of the final game, but it'd clash horribly with the Roman-esque one.

• @ATMachine said: I'll say what I said on the POS forums: Valanice in KQ7 is a carbon copy of Lady Tremaine (the villain) from Disney's Cinderella. Odd choice for a reference model, but there it is.

And of course we can't forget KQ6 Alexander's rather eye-gouging "look, this totally isn't stolen from Kevin Costner in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves!" costume. That gets my vote for worst.

I prefer some of the initial concept art drawings... especially the first one, with Alex wearing what seems to be a metal breastplate over a fancy embroidered shirt, and the third, which puts him apparently in Roman-style armor (a neat idea, if inconsistent with the usual "look" of Daventry). Not sure how I feel about the idea of Alex with long hair... it might be a good fit for the more "medieval" outfits, or that of the final game, but it'd clash horribly with the Roman-esque one.

Well the "long haired Alex" goes along with Graham and Alex's descriptions in other works. It also fits the costume he's wearing better. His hair style in the final KQ6 is a bit puzzling. Sometimes it looks like long hair in a ponytail, sometimes it looks like long hair slicked back but only slightly long at the back of it...It's a bizarre hair style

I don't like the idea of Alexander in armor (since he's not doing a lot of fighting) nor in a Roman-esque set of armor or outfit. I consider Daventry to be more inspired by Medieval England than any other place, so it'd be kind out of place for what we see in Daventry. A Roman-esque set of armor would fit well amongst the Winged Ones, though.

• But it's not KQ Game unless the male royalty of Daventry have mullets.

Graham's standard outfit, Alexander similar outfit in KQ5, and Connor's similar starting outfit all are very similar to traditional medieval peasant outfits. Jerkins and tights.

• I don't think armor would have been fitting for Alex either. I mean, if he's going to have a D&D class, after all, it's clearly wizard, not fighter.

• If he had worn armor he would have sunk to the bottom of the sea, and drowned before the game began... Just saying. Wouldn't have made for much of a game.

• if he's going to have a D&D class, after all, it's clearly wizard, not fighter.

'thief', and 'assassin' might work as well...

• Thief I could see--but the same can be said of the entire Royal Family.

Assassin? Who did he kill? And I'm talking people who aren't monsters--the Minotaur, for example. Mannanan didn't die, nor did he kill Alhazred.

• I wish we knew the Minotaur's motivations. He may not have been entirely bad at heart, or maybe he was good and turned evil because of traumatic events from his past. Heck, he and Celeste might even be secretly related! That would make Alexander's heartless murdering of the minotaur very tragic indeed.

Add Comment