User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 127.6K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Is it worth Re buying Tales of Monkey Island on ps store to play it on my new 42 inch HD Tv or since its cartoony pysics will it not matter much.

• @Johro said: I didn't really care for the 90's series. Don't get me wrong, I actually really enjoyed it in it's initial run(first few seasons anyway). Rewatching them as an adult, they were pretty meh. The symbiote story is still good(mostly because it was done soooo much better than the other incarnations), but none of the characters really stuck with me. Even Peter was pretty bland. These types of comics are always heavy on tragedy...which I felt the series severely lacked(even uncle Ben), with the exception of Morbius, which you somewhat felt some sympathy for(but even then, all the tragedies of the series did something to "ask-for-it"). Overall, I feel the series just doesn't hold up to the adult audience's expectations of character development and emotion. Great for kids, not adults.

I guess I must be a big kid at heart!

• Madam Web is the best character in the show.

• @RetroVortex said: I guess I must be a big kid at heart!

Must be. :P

Like I said, I really did love it when I was younger. It was like #3 for me behind Batman and X-men(#2 once X-men hit season 4....let's never bring that up again).

@RetroVortex said: Stan Lee is the best character in the show.

fixed.

• @coolsome said: Madam Web is the best character in the show.

Its funny how a good guy can be such a troll.

• @Johro said:
    [QUOTE=coolsome;576946]Stan Lee is the best character ever.

fixed.[/QUOTE]

Further fixed.

• Another criticism about Spider-man is that during the secret wars, he was allowed to pick 7 heroes.

WHY ON EARTH WOULD HE WASTE 4 ON THE FANTASTIC 4!!!

Seriously, he's only need 2 of them at the most. Johnny Storm and Susan Richards are basically useless even in their own damn cartoon!

At least Storm can change the weather for practical strategy, and The Thing has power similar to The Hulk, but with none of the rage problems.
    Richards is just damn handy, not for the powers so much, but his intelligence.
    Likewise for Iron Man.
    If anything my extra 2 would have been Doctor Strange, and Thor.
    Thor can do most of what Susan can, and Doctor Strange can do what Johnny can, but better, AND they can do MORE on top.

EDIT: Actually could replace Thor with someone else, or switch out Storm.
    (Though arguable Storm can manipulate other weather beside thunder...)

Hmmm.. I think this extra slot may take some thought...

EDIT 2: Maybe Silver Surfer...

• Honestly? Probably because the FF show was just cancelled(or being cancelled) at the time and it was either a bookend to the characters or a last ditch effort to save that show.

• @RetroVortex said: You know I watched Megamind at the cinema, and I thought it was a good film as well.

Great premise, and a solid execution.

Shame it doesn't make for good sequel material though.
    (Which probably does it favours to be honest)

ALSO Where is The Incredibles 2!?

There is so much that can be done with that series.

But at least Monsters Inc. is getting a sequel! :D

Yeah it really saddens me, I would love if there came a sequel. But as you said chances are vary bleak.

• @Johro said: Honestly? Probably because the FF show was just cancelled(or being cancelled) at the time and it was either a bookend to the characters or a last ditch effort to save that show.

You're probably right there.

But from a logic point its still pretty stupid.

(Especially considering that of the other non-fantastic 4 heroes chosen, 2 were Avengers (at that time at least))

EDIT: I guess it also makes sense since, Spider-man has also interacted with them several times in the past, and in one continuity he was in the fantastic four!

Actually come to think about it, Spider-man has interacted with almost everybody at some point.

The Avengers, The X-men, Hulk, Ghost Rider, Punisher.

No wonder he had a hard time choosing! XD

EDIT: Here's my Team:

- Captain America
    - Iron Man
    - Hawkeye
    - Thor
    - Doctor Strange
    - Silver Surfer/Squirrel Girl (depending on whether I'm fighting Dr. Doom or not! XD)
    - Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards)
    - Spider-man

Easy win, hands down.

EDIT 2: Johnny Storm really was a rubbish hero. Wasn't he?

This discussion has been closed.