User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 130.8K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well, my phone is pretty much fucked right now. If left alone, it crashes and resets itself every ten minutes or so, with about one minute to recover. If I use it, it crashes almost immediately and takes significantly longer to recover, if it does at all without me pulling the battery.

• My phone did that and it needed an Update. I would take it back and demand they fix it.

• @Icedhope said: My phone did that and it needed an Update. I would take it back and demand they fix it.

...again

• Hey, I'm looking for some advice. So, my band's music was stolen and is now being sold on some russain site. Is there somethiing I can do, or should I just wait for Sopa to pass and get the government to yell at them for me.

• @ted12 said: Hey, I'm looking for some advice. So, my band's music was stolen and is now being sold on some russain site. Is there somethiing I can do, or should I just wait for Sopa to pass and get the government to yell at them for me.

Harvey Birdman could take your case.

• @ted12 said: Hey, I'm looking for some advice. So, my band's music was stolen and is now being sold on some russain site. Is there somethiing I can do, or should I just wait for Sopa to pass and get the government to yell at them for me.

Russia is tricky this way. Unless things have changed, as of 2004-2005, Russia and the USA do not respect each other's copyrights. Both stealing from each other. All you can really do is tell the site about it. Legally, there's nothing you or the USA can do....unless you actually go to Russia and take them to court there proving your case.

• @RetroVortex said: You're probably right there.

But from a logic point its still pretty stupid.

(Especially considering that of the other non-fantastic 4 heroes chosen, 2 were Avengers (at that time at least))

EDIT: I guess it also makes sense since, Spider-man has also interacted with them several times in the past, and in one continuity he was in the fantastic four!

Actually come to think about it, Spider-man has interacted with almost everybody at some point.

The Avengers, The X-men, Hulk, Ghost Rider, Punisher.

No wonder he had a hard time choosing! XD

EDIT: Here's my Team:

- Captain America
    - Iron Man
    - Hawkeye
    - Thor
    - Doctor Strange
    - Silver Surfer/Squirrel Girl (depending on whether I'm fighting Dr. Doom or not! XD)
    - Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards)
    - Spider-man

Easy win, hands down.

EDIT 2: Johnny Storm really was a rubbish hero. Wasn't he?

I don't know my team would consist of these following guys.

Wolverine
    Doctor Strange.
    The Thing.
    The Vision
    Hawkeye
    Iron Man
    Captain America.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@Icedhope said: I don't know my team would consist of these following guys.
    [...]
    Hawkeye

Hawkeye_AlanAlda.jpg

Interesting choice.

• @Icedhope said: I don't know my team would consist of these following guys.

Wolverine
    Doctor Strange.
    The Thing.
    The Vision
    Hawkeye
    Iron Man
    Captain America.

As much as I love Wolverine, he is kind of outclassed by other heroes/villains sometimes.
    (Well he's gotten a lot of silly buffs over the years, depending on who's writing him, but at that time, he wasn't particularily brilliant vs other supers)

Plus in your team, he probably wouldn't be able to do much more than be an overglorified tin-opener! XD

The Thing has the brawn covered.

The Vision would be a decent choice, but his track record isn't very good either.

Exiles version of Morph would be a good choice as well for me personally, since he's a shape-shifter but with no real negatives that others have had.
    (However he can't really be in a team, since he doesn't exist in the main marvel universe, or exist at that time.)

• @VeronicanPlay said: But sometimes I can get annoyed that I get this much excited about things, it makes me seem weird to most people

Fortunately, it seems you've come to the right place.

This discussion has been closed.