User Avatar Image

Madisun's Arc - Reviews By Darth Marsden

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 4.6K users

Hey guys. This is a list of all the videos I've made for my review series, Madisun's Arc. They do get better as I go along, honest! I primarily upload these to Blip, since that lets you preload the videos and, if you use AdBlocker, there's no adverts, but most of the videos also have YouTube mirrors for those who can't use Blip.

Anyway, enough rambling.

There was a great big list of all my videos here, but then - surprise surprise - the new site came along and turned all the YouTube links into actual videos. Around 30 of them.

I spent around 20 minutes trying to change them all over to the new link format, only for it to straight up not work. So now you just get the one link, to my Blip channel - http://blip.tv/chrismadisun

Screw this site. Screw it with a rusty freakin' chainsaw.

461 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Again, thanks for the feedback!

It may sound like an odd question, but could you define the moments when I wasn't 'sincere'? Y'know, so I know what not to do in my next review (which is still in the scripting phase, BTW). Would appreciate it.

And no, I won't rely on ripping off The Nostalgia Critic. That DuckTales joke was just too good to miss.

EDIT: Actually, I've just remembered that's not true. I'm going to take a really small clip from Alone in the Dark. But it'll be worth it, I promise!

• Sincerity isn't something you can really script. It might even just be me. But mostly, it just came through that way in the first half of the review. Some of it came through in the delivery, and some of it came from the fact that it felt like you were reaching a bit hard for things to get mad about.

But you know, on my second watch of the review, things flowed better than on the first watch and somehow what seemed insincere before came through a bit better, so maybe it is just me. Just tone down the yelling and the anger and you'll be fine. Being maniacal is fine; it worked for the "JUSTICE!" bit.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Me? Reaching? Never! Flynn was a dick. I make no apologies for pointing it out, since it only gets worse in the sequels.

On reflection, if I was to redo that review, I'd have changed the Justice! bit. I probably wouldn't laugh maniacally, just call out the word with a giant smile on my face. I dunno. Would that have worked better?

Also, quick question to everyone who watched. I actually edited a scene from the movie a little bit. Is it particularly obvious? (I don't mean the scene at the bridge, I'm aware there's a frame-skip there).

• No, and no. The maniacal laughter was great.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Cool. Apparently my editing skills are awesome then. Huzzah for me!

• How did I not catch that tron joke til the second watch..

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Well, it was a bit subtle. Next one'll be a little more obvious. Not many mentions of Flynn in Tron: Evolution.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Oh hey, look, I did another one. It's almost habit forming, this.

I should have the full thing finished by tomorrow evening ready to upload to Blip.TV overnight. Thoughts on the first three minutes?

• As your attorney I advise you to...

Well, it's much better non-shouting wise. Show more energy in the next review and I can't really think of anything else. Looking forward to the full video.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Video's busy converting, and I'll upload it in the (later) morning.

I'm thinking of getting a theme song (I'd probably start using it after the third Librarian film).
    Anyone got any suggestions?

Add Comment