User Avatar Image

Generic 'Telltale should make...' thread

posted by Stalkers on - last edited - Viewed by 15K users

Was this ever discussed as a potential license? The book series is immensely popular and I guess the license isn't too expensive since the TV series bombed. The stories contain quite a bit of detective work and therefore could probably easily adapted into a computer game, probably as a kind of side story to the ongoing story arc - I mean, there are tons of novellas and short stories already.

774 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

The thread title should be enough. No one reads the OP these days. In fact, it would be hard to find a fitting thread for that merge. The most impressive, 67-page thread of that kind started out as a TTG press conference announcement. That would be an even worse OP. :D

I could edit the original post if Insane guy of Doom is OK with it.

• Is IGoD even around any more?

I'll admit I was a little weirded out when I discovered I was no longer the OP of this thread, but I quickly realized why it happened and I've made my peace with it. The original intent was to make one thread for all these type of posts, and that's what we've got, so I'm cool with whatever.

...y'know, so long as no-one else tries to claim credit for it. Then you'll be hearing from my lawyers, bitch. :p

• Now that would be a good concept for an adventure game.

Lawyer Bitch.

• @Vainamoinen said: Yup, a few dozen (rough estimate), but Darth Marsden's was made authoritative (an arbitrary move made to avoid those few dozen threads). Hence the merge you just experienced. ;)

One of the many things I experience in my sleep...
    Now, since nothing can possibly follow that comment..
    *Stipe-Dances out*

• @Johro said: Futurama (again)

Macgyver would be the easiest adventure game ever. Combine any two items to complete any task :P

Another X-Files would be pretty cool I guess(shut up, I liked the first game).

this could be the trailer for futurama

The Professor: Good News Everyone! (Benders pushes the professor into a wall hard)

Bender: IM BACK BABY!

• Allow me to cleverly put you in your place with a far superior script.

Scene: The Meeting Room. Bender, Fry and Leela are sitting around the table.

Fry: Huh. I wonder where the Professor is.
    Leela: Yeah. he said he had some big announcement.
    Fry: Oo! Maybe he's finally getting that hair transplant!
    Bender: He said big, not stupid, stupid.
    Fry: They're not mutually exclusive!

Professor Farnsworth enters

Prof: What's not mentally expensive?
    Leela: Never you mind. What's the good news?
    Prof: Good news? Oh yes! Good news, everyone! Some formerly talented video games company is making a bunch of games about us!
    ALL: Yay!

Zoidberg leans in through a window that shouldn't be there and will in fact not be next time the camera pans past the wall

Zoidberg: Hurray! Finally Zoidberg's dream of a fish eating minigame has come true!
    Fry: So what type of game is it, Professor? Another platformer?
    Leela: I hope not. The last one wasn't very good.
    Bender: Speak for yourself. I was very happy with the senseless mutilation and destruction of innocent creatures, heh heh.
    Fry: Yeah! And I got to shoot stuff! Shooting stuff is fun and useful!
    Farnsworth: Oh my, no. None of that, I'm afraid.
    BENDER & FRY: Aww...
    Farnsworth: No, this one's going to be a heap of adventure games!
    Fry: Wait, does those make me use my brain thingy?
    Bender: And I don't get to jump around and smash things?
    Farnsworth: No, you have to use things with other things to make all new things! Oh, it's like a dream come true!
    Fry: Aw, that's no fun at all! I wanna see stuff go kablouey!
    Leela: Maybe you'll get to combine items to make a 'kablouey', whatever that is.
    Fry: Aww, you always know just what to see.
    Bender: Oo, oo, maybe you can combine me with a girder and I can bend it! I'm good at that!
    Farnsworth: Oh now, let's not get too excited. These things have to be easy to solve so more people will buy them.
    Fry: Cool! Easy stuff is more fun!
    Farnsworth: Yes, it'll probably be full of puzzles like picking up that universal doohickey on the table there.

The game instructs you to pick up the 'Universal Doohickey' from the table.

Fry: Like that?
    Farnsworth: Yes, I suspect that's probably as complicated as things will get.
    Fry: I'm not sure I like things being THAT easy. What would I use it on?
    Fatnsworth: Oh, I don't have time for your shenanigans. Try using it on someone else.

The game instructs you to use it on Zoidberg, who's now inside the room. The window has completely vanished. using the item on Zoidberg makes Fry walk up to him, hold the doohickey in his hand for a second while he ponders it, then throw it at Zoidberg's head.

Zoidberg: Ow! What was that for?
    Fry: I dunno, the game made me do it.
    Zoidberg: I don't like this game any more. I'm going to go and practice for my fish eating minigame.

Zoidberg makes to leave from the window, but of course it's not there. He shrugs and walks out the door instead.

Fry: Wow. Adventure games are fun.

• Yeah know, there should be a game, not sims, but you should be able to go across the world, from America to Australia, you can make real life decisions, you can get jobs and actually do the job, you can fish, hunt, and swim, you can start life as a good guy and falls in love and has kids or single for the rest of your life! Or you can become a criminal, also you would pay the bills of the house and everything! you can drive cars of course, but not like GTA there are actual speed limits you have to obey, and when you have kids you can control them also, from when they go to school( actually see them in class) to when they go home. you can call, purchase house and cars like real life, this game would be awesome!

• @Darth Marsden said: Allow me to cleverly put you in your place with a far superior script.

Scene: The Meeting Room. Bender, Fry and Leela are sitting around the table.

Fry: Huh. I wonder where the Professor is.
    Leela: Yeah. he said he had some big announcement.
    Fry: Oo! Maybe he's finally getting that hair transplant!
    Bender: He said big, not stupid, stupid.
    Fry: They're not mutually exclusive!

Professor Farnsworth enters

Prof: What's not mentally expensive?
    Leela: Never you mind. What's the good news?
    Prof: Good news? Oh yes! Good news, everyone! Some formerly talented video games company is making a bunch of games about us!
    ALL: Yay!

Zoidberg leans in through a window that shouldn't be there and will in fact not be next time the camera pans past the wall

Zoidberg: Hurray! Finally Zoidberg's dream of a fish eating minigame has come true!
    Fry: So what type of game is it, Professor? Another platformer?
    Leela: I hope not. The last one wasn't very good.
    Bender: Speak for yourself. I was very happy with the senseless mutilation and destruction of innocent creatures, heh heh.
    Fry: Yeah! And I got to shoot stuff! Shooting stuff is fun and useful!
    Farnsworth: Oh my, no. None of that, I'm afraid.
    BENDER & FRY: Aww...
    Farnsworth: No, this one's going to be a heap of adventure games!
    Fry: Wait, does those make me use my brain thingy?
    Bender: And I don't get to jump around and smash things?
    Farnsworth: No, you have to use things with other things to make all new things! Oh, it's like a dream come true!
    Fry: Aw, that's no fun at all! I wanna see stuff go kablouey!
    Leela: Maybe you'll get to combine items to make a 'kablouey', whatever that is.
    Fry: Aww, you always know just what to see.
    Bender: Oo, oo, maybe you can combine me with a girder and I can bend it! I'm good at that!
    Farnsworth: Oh now, let's not get too excited. These things have to be easy to solve so more people will buy them.
    Fry: Cool! Easy stuff is more fun!
    Farnsworth: Yes, it'll probably be full of puzzles like picking up that universal doohickey on the table there.

The game instructs you to pick up the 'Universal Doohickey' from the table.

Fry: Like that?
    Farnsworth: Yes, I suspect that's probably as complicated as things will get.
    Fry: I'm not sure I like things being THAT easy. What would I use it on?
    Fatnsworth: Oh, I don't have time for your shenanigans. Try using it on someone else.

The game instructs you to use it on Zoidberg, who's now inside the room. The window has completely vanished. using the item on Zoidberg makes Fry walk up to him, hold the doohickey in his hand for a second while he ponders it, then throw it at Zoidberg's head.

Zoidberg: Ow! What was that for?
    Fry: I dunno, the game made me do it.
    Zoidberg: I don't like this game any more. I'm going to go and practice for my fish eating minigame.

Zoidberg makes to leave from the window, but of course it's not there. He shrugs and walks out the door instead.

Fry: Wow. Adventure games are fun.

I pretty much just pissed my pants laughing.

• @bloodkiller630 said: Yeah know, there should be a game, not sims, but you should be able to go across the world, from America to Australia, you can make real life decisions, you can get jobs and actually do the job, you can fish, hunt, and swim, you can start life as a good guy and falls in love and has kids or single for the rest of your life! Or you can become a criminal, also you would pay the bills of the house and everything! you can drive cars of course, but not like GTA there are actual speed limits you have to obey, and when you have kids you can control them also, from when they go to school( actually see them in class) to when they go home. you can call, purchase house and cars like real life, this game would be awesome!

I had the idea for something similar. I tried pitching it, but they said that some old deity with a long white robe and beard had already pitched them the same idea. They turned it down for being too "boring and repetitive."

Add Comment