User Avatar Image

Madisun's Arc - Reviews By Darth Marsden

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 4.5K users

Hey guys. This is a list of all the videos I've made for my review series, Madisun's Arc. They do get better as I go along, honest! I primarily upload these to Blip, since that lets you preload the videos and, if you use AdBlocker, there's no adverts, but most of the videos also have YouTube mirrors for those who can't use Blip.

Anyway, enough rambling.

There was a great big list of all my videos here, but then - surprise surprise - the new site came along and turned all the YouTube links into actual videos. Around 30 of them.

I spent around 20 minutes trying to change them all over to the new link format, only for it to straight up not work. So now you just get the one link, to my Blip channel - http://blip.tv/chrismadisun

Screw this site. Screw it with a rusty freakin' chainsaw.

461 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Video's up!

Would have posted this earlier, but I forgot the forums basically shut down around 9:00 over here.

• Pretty good. Like I said before, more energy is really the only thing lacking. Also, don't be afraid to be spicy and take risks, but all in all I enjoyed it. As far as a theme song, man, that's kind of hard for one to say without knowing what you personally like. It should be something you enjoy listening to I suppose.

I dunno if you need any review suggestions, but some movies similar to the Librarian films are the Richard Chamberlain Allan Quartermain movies, and the two MacGyver movies, one of which has to do with finding Atlantis. A MacGyver looking for Atlantis movie should be good. It's not...especially since both MacGyver movies don't even use the THEME SONG.

• @der_ketzer said: - The red bottle behind you will be a running gag, woun't it?

Just quoting myself because this is funny. Maybe this should be a running gag and this thing should move around during the review just to annoy the viewer.
    Watching the review now.

Edit 1:
    - I liked the bit where you dropped the can. (good idea, would be better if the impact of it felt real, a soundeffect would have done the trick but I understand that you don't want to mess up your room more than is needed
    - and a second empty bottle standing behind you, visible in the scene where you stood up.

Edit 2: I like your slightly annoyed self a lot more than that screamer thing you tried last time.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

I'm not that hot on sound effects. The glass smashing one that I use later on in the video was pretty much a first for me, and I still don't think it quite fits. It's just a throwaway gag though, so I kinda get away with it.

As for future reviews, I've already got a couple lined up. I'd like to alternate between games, movies and TV shows, so after I do Judas Chalice I'll be doing what's considered to be one of the worst games ever.
    (Hint: it's not Superman 64).

With regards to films, I want to try and do a pretty wide range of stuff. Which isn't to say I don't appreciate your suggestions, but I never watched MacGyver, so I've no context to compare the movie to the series.

Although... Searching for Atlantis? Really? They made that? Huh. Maybe I'll tackle it at some point. The DVDs I've got on my shelf take priority though. Some crackers waiting in there, trust me.

• I liked that glass effect. Came as a real surprise.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Well, that's good to hear!

• Were you sick while you filmed this? All this medication(?) and stuff.

sickxq.png

Also: I am proud to be one of you 3 fans.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Sorry for the delay, my PC's come down with a virus and decided to pull a sicky.

Anyway. Clockwise from top:

- Throat syrup. 'twas needed after Quest for the Spear!

- Paracetamol bottle. It's an old bottle formerly full of paracetamol which I filled with Skittles to use as a prop in the Solomon's Mines review. Thanks for pointing it out, I'd completely forgotten where I'd put it.

- Thermal Cleansing solution. What you use to clean Therman Paste off your processor.

- Red Rooster energy drink. Running joke.

- Root Beer. It's an empty bottle originally aacquired from Waitrose, and it's not as nice as the canned stuff.

So there ya go. Little surprised that's what you were focused on, but whatever, so long as people are watching!

• @Darth Marsden said: So there ya go. Little surprised that's what you were focused on, but whatever, so long as people are watching!

Well there was nothing else to complain about. :p

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

O-ho! I see what you did there. Tricksy!

Quick question - did the Metal Gear Solid 3 joke work? I think it was too rough around the edges, since I didn't get the actual font and I forgot the Continue Quit things. Did it still work?

-x-

Next review'll take a while (probably a whole week) since I've just had to completely re-install Windows. Now I've got to go through the whole process of re-downloading & installing everything else, like Firefox, and K-Lite Codec Pack, and Radeon drivers, and etc. Fucking virus.

Add Comment