User Avatar Image

When can we expect to see SOMETHING about Telltale's KQ?

posted by Blackthorne519 on - last edited - Viewed by 3.8K users

I wonder when we'll see or hear something substantial about Tell-Tale's King's Quest game.

Bt

480 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm pretty sure, its self reference, to having to get rid of five gnomes in KQ6 itself.

But that would make the puzzle super easy, if you could just buy the bottle of 'gnome-be-gone'!

Like, I said, you don't 'get rid of' Rumplestiltskin, he helps you in both games! Even if you screw up the backwards version/s of his name! He's there to be one of the few good guys, who tries to give the players a helping hand!

wouldn't be an obvious way to solve any particular puzzle, which the others all seem to be.

Technically, neither would "miniature carpet cleaner"!

'bird's nest soup mix' wouldn't solve any particular puzzle either! (the treasure isn't included!)

The magic mirror cleaner is somewhat off the 'puzzle' solution path as well!

• It could very well be in reference to the dwarf.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX7QEACjj9E

No news on KQ yet, but this video interview about Walking Dead brings up something very distressing--the fact that Telltale is continuing with their misguided attempts at "revolutionary cinematic adventure" QTE gameplay, which we will apparently see in Walking Dead. And this after JP was nearly universally panned for its terrible gameplay. Without their ability to get sought-after licenses and milk them for all they are worth with minimal creative effort, this company would be sunk.

The prospects are just looking dimmer and dimmer for Telltale's KQ. Ugh.

• There aren't really any direct puzzles surrounding the dwarf... Somewhat more to do in KQ2 but not really anything involving 'banishing' the dwarf. Plus both game already have 'dwarf-be-gone' powers so to speak, think fairy godmother and good fairy. So that kind of ruins the intent of the joke (having something you didn't have access to in the game itself)!

Even then the Dwarf is not really much of a threat in kQ1 only appears in one screen in the original, and a couple more in the remake. In kQ2 you can go get whatever he steals back from him. But in both he's relatively easy to avoid, and he won't follow you between screens. He is always completely random. Not truly an obstacle.

I can't think of anywhere the games mix up dwarves and gnomes in terminology.

I mean even KQ1 specifically divided the two species.

KQ6 (and possibly Wizard and The Princess) are the only games were you have banish gnomes getting in your way. But don't have anything to do it with (Wizard and the Princess), or need more than one thing to do it.

• @Lambonius said: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX7QEACjj9E

No news on KQ yet, but this video interview about Walking Dead brings up something very distressing--the fact that Telltale is continuing with their misguided attempts at "revolutionary cinematic adventure" QTE gameplay, which we will apparently see in Walking Dead. And this after JP was nearly universally panned for its terrible gameplay. Without their ability to get sought-after licenses and milk them for all they are worth with minimal creative effort, this company would be sunk.

The prospects are just looking dimmer and dimmer for Telltale's KQ. Ugh.

Utterly pathetic.

• I think we can say within relative safety margins that KQ won't have QTE, but that doesn't mean they're not going to fail to deliver a satisfying puzzle experience with the same lazy puzzle design mentality they've put into the past two titles (and looks like a third is upcoming).

Look at it this way, if it sucks it sucks. It'll die quickly and nobody will remember it. KQ will find a new home one day. It doesn't really matter in the end. At least we can then say that there was something worse than MOE. ;)

• I find KQ7 to be marginally worse than KQ8...

• @Chyron8472 said: I agree. However, it seems to be standard procedure for TTG to not give very many details about their projects until they're almost at the release date.

Presumably because they know their games are atrocious messes that no one would buy with any knowledge of what the game is actually like?

• Well, I certainly hope they don't go the QTE way on King's Quest. In fact, I hope - for this company - that King's Quest is the game that breaks their current mold and trend, and actually is a positive title for the company.

Bt

• @BagginsKQ said: I find KQ7 to be marginally worse than KQ8...

As far as the majority is concerned, I mean. Though, that still probably won't happen.

@BagginsKQ said: Well, I certainly hope they don't go the QTE way on King's Quest. In fact, I hope - for this company - that King's Quest is the game that breaks their current mold and trend, and actually is a positive title for the company.

Hopefully.

Add Comment