User Avatar Image

Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

posted by itssas83 on - last edited - Viewed by 27.3K users

ok first things first, I have made this page in hopes of gathering some reasonable suggestions to making the possible BttF: Season Two more enjoyable, not so everyone can post whats been said a million times about the puzzle difficulty, so here goes...

Make Puzzles more Complex/Fun/Creative/Etc.. (its said, moving on...)

One thing I been thinking about a lot these past few days is Jurassic Park, and how it will be the first game that Telltale will give you the option, or misfortune, of dying. I was thinking that we can incorporate a similar concept into the BttF series, which i would like to call "Caught Scenes". In the next paragraph I take 2 examples of this concept and explore possible scenarios from season one.

1931, when you and Doc are getting ready to jump into the Delorean, Officer Parker walks up and tries to put an end to the fun. Well what if you failed to get the keys and jump in the Delorean in time, and Parker catches you. Would he shoot/arrest you and Carl Sagan, altering the future forever?

When you are back in 1931 hiding behind the tree, what would happen if you failed to lure your alt self away from that tree? "Caught Scene" begins of you coming face to face with your alternative self, breaking rule #1 of time travel, causing irreparable damage to the time space continuum?!?!

personally i have found that if your not allowed to generally suffer some type of consequences for your actions, and puzzles essentially play on a harmless loop, the game just becomes repetitive and kinda boring. As a BttF fan, i think this would also be an exciting and safe way to explore the consequences of time travel and paradoxes etc. without having to have it play into the actual storyline. this alone could lead to some really exciting ideas.

as we know from the "its a wrap" video, telltale listens to us at the forums and values our opinions. this is a great chance to give our two cents, for whatever it might be worth! even if they use just use one or two suggestions everything can make a difference!

612 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @yoman45135 said: well season 1 had Aj doing a terrible try at Johnny B goode which I wish they didnt add but whatever, they have had back in time played many times, only one is power of love and doubleback.

I would like it for them to be waiting somewhere then the time train blasts out of no where and the doors come down and there is Clara making a fantastic entrance... well it could happen :p

But that is something I really want to see, the time train it was only shown at the end of bttf 3 and the animated series (which is not canon though but then again the game is not either)

also if they do have the time train they need to make sure they use the right sounds, when it is first shown in bttf 3 it makes a louder slower version of the 3 sonic boom's, dont use the ones from the delorean or it will sound a little weird.

actually it is kind of inconsistent what happens when the delorean enters a new time. Here's what happens in the trilogy each time we see it;
    1) Einsteins maiden voyage, no boom, the delorean just basically appears (similar to how marty enters 1931 in episode 1)
    2) Marty returning to 1985 from 1955 at the end. Only seen not heard, not huge bangs but you can hear it and it does mess up reds news paper
    3) Doc returning to 1985 presumably from 2015; similar bang to the previous one and does blow Jennifer and Marty's hair
    4) Doc, Marty and Jennifer entering 2015; 3 big bangs (in mid air)
    5) Doc and Marty entering 1955 from 1985; just like the previous one, again in mid air
    6) the final one with the delorean, returning to 1985 from 1885. Again 3 big booms and leaves some smoke behind. It's also worthy to note this time travel had the biggest fire trails. There's two theories as to why this is; either 1955 Doc's repairs caused bigger fire trails (there are far more sparks and streaks for both time travels since then) or the fact that the last 2 time jumps the delorean makes are the biggest time jumps we see it intentionally make (doc getting struck by lightning doesn't count); 70 years into the past and 100 years into the future. Mind you I don't buy the fact that the fire trails are relative to the time jump; Einstein going 1 minute into the future created the same fire trails as the rest of them (which are all 30 year time jumps)

• does anyone know when telltale will be starting work on season 2 ?

• @marty mc fly 2015 said: does anyone know when telltale will be starting work on season 2 ?

No. I don't mean to be rude but please stop asking these questions. We don't know this stuff. We need to wait and do other stuff in the meantime.

• @marty mc fly 2015 said: does anyone know when telltale will be starting work on season 2 ?

We have already told you the most likely times

• I feel really bad for who ever is going to read through all these posts for ideas to the next season of bttf

Good luck to that intern!

• @DBXMe2 said: I feel really bad for who ever is going to read through all these posts for ideas to the next season of bttf

Good luck to that intern!

I don't think Telltale would make a second season so blindly though. They might glance over a few ideas, sure, but I think they'd have a basic idea of where they want to go before season two gets created.

Not to mention, about half of the posts are agreeing with an idea already said and/or talking about the idea of time travel within the movies. Less to sort through.

• Admit it....You all want Marty to go to a realistic future just to say "It's 2015 & still no flying cars."

Just finished watching the B2tF trilogy, & remembered why I never liked the 3ed movie. I hope that if there is a 2ed season that it also does not include Clara Clayton as anything more than a mentionable. She ruined part 3 for me & a few other complainers on the net....

1)She's 30 & 40 & she instantly falls head over heals for a senior citizen?
    2)Doc is 70 or 80s. He's too old for relationships or sowing wild oats. & considering his age & lack of libido, he should statistically have been impotent at his age.
    3)When 2 best friends get married & start families, they drift apart & maybe see eachother once a year.
    4)2 things come to mind when I think of the relationship between Emmett & Clara; "contrived" & "Disney Romance."
    5)She has no personality or past. She's a pointless token love interest. Her only contribution to the plot was filler; to make the 3ed movie just long enough.
    6)Edna was a disagreeable selfish little hellspawn, but she had a backstory, a purpose, a complex personality. She was actually interesting. I prefer Doc as a bachelor, but I'd choose her over Clara anyway.

• @LikaLaruku said: Admit it....You all want Marty to go to a realistic future just to say "It's 2015 & still no flying cars."

Just finished watching the B2tF trilogy, & remembered why I never liked the 3ed movie. I hope that if there is a 2ed season that it also does not include Clara Clayton as anything more than a mentionable. She ruined part 3 for me & a few other complainers on the net....

1)She's 30 & 40 & she instantly falls head over heals for a senior citizen?
    2)Doc is 70 or 80s. He's too old for relationships or sowing wild oats. & considering his age & lack of libido, he should statistically have been impotent at his age.
    3)When 2 best friends get married & start families, they drift apart & maybe see eachother once a year.
    4)2 things come to mind when I think of the relationship between Emmett & Clara; "contrived" & "Disney Romance."
    5)She has no personality or past. She's a pointless token love interest. Her only contribution to the plot was filler; to make the 3ed movie just long enough.
    6)Edna was a disagreeable selfish little hellspawn, but she had a backstory, a purpose, a complex personality. She was actually interesting. I prefer Doc as a bachelor, but I'd choose her over Clara anyway.

No I don't want a realistic 2015. That would only work for a reboot. I do want to see lot's of future jokes that relate to our present.

• I'm enjoying season 1 that much I'm just hoping there will be a season 2 :-)

Thanks Telltale Games for making this great series!

• @LikaLaruku said:

Technically, he was in his 70's or 80's... but in his travels to the future, he went to a rejuvenation clinic and shaved about 20 years off of his body... thus having to put on an 'aged disguise' when returning to 1985 and peeling the disguise off again in 2015, revealing his 'rejuvenation treatment' to Marty.

Same situation, age and body-wise is BttF3.

By the time the game starts... Doc is in his 90's or 100's, Jules and Verne just entering college and Doc Brown's age beginning to show once again.

Add Comment