User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 24.8K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Playing mass Effect 2..for the PS3...and the backstory comic did little in the way of making me care about the characters or excited to see some of them return.

• Been playing Star Wars old republic probably the first mmo I have really liked.
    29 trooper and considering leveling up my other characters.

• Quake with High Res mod, and Giants: Citizen Kabuto.

Just trying to play some of my backlog while I'm on "holiday".
    Older brother is asleep and my little bro is out, so I set my lappy up at the computer desk, and just started playing some stuff, and having a great time.

• Not a lot, since I'm busy re-installing all my programs following a virus attack and an enforced re-install of Windows XP. Goddamn thing went right through Avast. Grr. From what I could gleem before Avast gave me about 25 error messages and crashed, the virus seemed to ghost-create a new partition and fuck everything up from that. I think. Like I say, it wasn't very clear.

Anyway, while waiting for stuff to install, I tried playing Assassin's Creed on my 360, but the game kept freezing on the loading screens (glitch in the Animus?), so I've gone back to Dead Space on the PS3. Currently on my second 'run', kicking lots of ass with weapons I shouldn't technically have yet. It's great fun, if utterly non-terrifying.

• With my new wireless mouse I bought the other day, a whole plethora of games have suddenly become readily playable!

(Since I can move my lappy to other areas of the house that are NOT the sofa. Though sitting in the conservatory on those crappy wooden chairs, are uncomfortable after about 10 mins. But one must suffer for their cause!)

Just completed the first campaign in Quake! :D
    (Got a long way to go still)

Played some more Pushmo, and I am so, so close now to beating it.
    Only have maybe 2 or 3 sets left (on the last Nes set!)

Doodle Fit is also a great little puzzler I've been playing on my 3DS today.
    Great brain-warping fun! :D

Finally I just finished the main mode of Shatter, and cleared the boss rush mode, (though how anyone could ever beat it in under 10 mins is beyond me! It took me 25 mins! :O), though time attack I haven't cleared yet, so I can't say its "complete".

I have Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 and Resident Evil: Revelations coming in the post, so they will be the main plays over the next month I'd wager

(Pokemon White is currently on hiatus since I only have to just grind my team up to level 100, and thats pretty boring to do, and my 360 games are out of the question, as my older brother and my dad currently are playing Forza 4 on it alot! :( )

I also have Soul Calibur V pre-ordered so that should arrive in a week or so, so thats another game to look forward to playing.

Tomorrow night I may just try to push myself to play Phantasmagoria, F.E.A.R, or Penumbra. Games that I don't normally play, since I like to play those sort of games at night, like they are intended!

EDIT 2: I would have played more today, but I was trying to get mods to work on the Steam version of Quake 2, but I was having major issues with it, so I gave up in the end.
    I found out that the Transformers mod was just a reskin anyway, so I thought, I'd just leave it as it was.

I need to beat Quake first before moving on regardless.
    (Well thats the plan anyway. Quake -> Quake 2 -> Quake 4)

• Well, I just finished King's Quest I, King's Quest VII, and Broken Sword I, and am getting through Fallout 2 while trying in vain not to go and buy the rest of the Broken Sword games.

Fallout 2 should last awhile though. I will not rest until I kill all of the Deathclaws.

• So far I've played F.E.A.R for the first time today.

Its actually a pretty good game.

Very action orientated over horror, but its very solid gameplay and has pretty clever use of effects, pacing and timing.
    (Sometimes it would actually catch me off guard, make me feel a bit of dread, but I'm a little bit more couragous than I used to be so it didn't really scare me that much, but it would to a good deal of people)

I've only been playing for an hour on Normal, but I the game already is providing me with a fresh challenge, rewards for exploration, and some enemies that though aren't any worry to me individually, as a group they can be pretty tough.
    (They actually do move around a lot, and retreat ect. so as units they can hurt you bad)

I like the slow-mo mechanic. Its very short and recharges slow, which doesn't sound good, but unlike games like Max Payne you don't get too reliant on it.
    Its there to take out a bunch of close enemies in short bursts.
    (Since it blurs your vision as well, making it harder to aim)

The graphics are pretty good for its time, with excellent lighting and effects in particular, and it makes for a good bit of fun.

And though the plot is a bit cheesy, its still engrossing enough for one to keep playing.

I think my next game to play this evening is Phantasmagoria.
    (But I'm currently having a little break to cool down since its hot in here)

• From Dust.

I find that I prefer From Dust over Black & White.

• @VeronicanPlay said: Started to play a bit of Sacred 2, I gave up on my Temple Guardian and I am now kicking but with my Seraphim. :)

Blind Guardian is in that. \ , , /
    Never played it though.

Uh, I played R&C:A4O yesterday.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

Minecraft. Oh, good gosh, Minecraft.

Add Comment