User Avatar Image

Bad Brain asking for help

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

I just got an email from theinventory.org asking fans of Sam and Max to help Bad Brain aquire the rights of the duo. It all seems pretty pathetic.

45 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • As has been pointed out elsewhere, the engine for Sam & Max 2 was built from bits of LucasArts code (RTX Red Rock, Obi Wan and some other bits and pieces). It's not entirely surprising that LEC don't want to sell this engine, as they may actually get to utilise it in some fashion in the future.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

they cant do anything with the freelance police game material tho cause lucasarts have fired everyone who worked on the game

• Well, not EVERYONE, but most of the key people. I think the idea was to contract them out anyway.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

i think telltale developing a new sam and max game would be the best option from here.. but could they use the same storyline ideas that were in freelance police or would they get in trouble from lucasarts?

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I don't think Lucas Arts would be able to do much seeing as the game was never released and that they wouldn't hold the game rights anymore.

• Actually, LucasArts probably could sue if Telltale tried to make a game with the same or similar story. Released or not, it's still LucasArts property. The only thing LucasArts will be stripped of come May are the actual character names, not game designs (which would include story). Unless maybe Purcell specifically owns the rights to the storyline...which I doubt.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

well if lucasarts wont allow them to use any ideas from FP..maybe for the new game they could go with the storyline..of max getting shot and sam has a monkey as a new partner.. you know like that "new comic" steve purcell never finished

• Hmmm... Max gets shot 3 days before retirement, eh? That's never been done before, right? Maybe we should leave the writing to the professionals. ;)

Hehe.. but it could work, it sounds like a pretty funny idea, actually. :) As long as Max didn't actually die or nothing.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]Hmmm... Max gets shot 3 days before retirement, eh? That's never been done before, right? Maybe we should leave the writing to the professionals. ;)

Hehe.. but it could work, it sounds like a pretty funny idea, actually. :) As long as Max didn't actually die or nothing.[/quote]

im talking about the "new comic" steve pucell never finished..in the collected sam and max..the last page has a drawing done by steve of sam and his new partner.. obviously the story is already witten in comic form but i think it would translate to the game well.. having to find max at the start of the game, and once finding max finding the culprit i think would work in an adventure game of course a lot of hilarity would be involved :D

• how about the new partner is the one that did it...

Add Comment