User Avatar Image

Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

posted by itssas83 on - last edited - Viewed by 11.5K users

ok first things first, I have made this page in hopes of gathering some reasonable suggestions to making the possible BttF: Season Two more enjoyable, not so everyone can post whats been said a million times about the puzzle difficulty, so here goes...

Make Puzzles more Complex/Fun/Creative/Etc.. (its said, moving on...)

One thing I been thinking about a lot these past few days is Jurassic Park, and how it will be the first game that Telltale will give you the option, or misfortune, of dying. I was thinking that we can incorporate a similar concept into the BttF series, which i would like to call "Caught Scenes". In the next paragraph I take 2 examples of this concept and explore possible scenarios from season one.

1931, when you and Doc are getting ready to jump into the Delorean, Officer Parker walks up and tries to put an end to the fun. Well what if you failed to get the keys and jump in the Delorean in time, and Parker catches you. Would he shoot/arrest you and Carl Sagan, altering the future forever?

When you are back in 1931 hiding behind the tree, what would happen if you failed to lure your alt self away from that tree? "Caught Scene" begins of you coming face to face with your alternative self, breaking rule #1 of time travel, causing irreparable damage to the time space continuum?!?!

personally i have found that if your not allowed to generally suffer some type of consequences for your actions, and puzzles essentially play on a harmless loop, the game just becomes repetitive and kinda boring. As a BttF fan, i think this would also be an exciting and safe way to explore the consequences of time travel and paradoxes etc. without having to have it play into the actual storyline. this alone could lead to some really exciting ideas.

as we know from the "its a wrap" video, telltale listens to us at the forums and values our opinions. this is a great chance to give our two cents, for whatever it might be worth! even if they use just use one or two suggestions everything can make a difference!

482 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I feel really bad for who ever is going to read through all these posts for ideas to the next season of bttf

Good luck to that intern!

• @DBXMe2 said: I feel really bad for who ever is going to read through all these posts for ideas to the next season of bttf

Good luck to that intern!

I don't think Telltale would make a second season so blindly though. They might glance over a few ideas, sure, but I think they'd have a basic idea of where they want to go before season two gets created.

Not to mention, about half of the posts are agreeing with an idea already said and/or talking about the idea of time travel within the movies. Less to sort through.

• Admit it....You all want Marty to go to a realistic future just to say "It's 2015 & still no flying cars."

Just finished watching the B2tF trilogy, & remembered why I never liked the 3ed movie. I hope that if there is a 2ed season that it also does not include Clara Clayton as anything more than a mentionable. She ruined part 3 for me & a few other complainers on the net....

1)She's 30 & 40 & she instantly falls head over heals for a senior citizen?
    2)Doc is 70 or 80s. He's too old for relationships or sowing wild oats. & considering his age & lack of libido, he should statistically have been impotent at his age.
    3)When 2 best friends get married & start families, they drift apart & maybe see eachother once a year.
    4)2 things come to mind when I think of the relationship between Emmett & Clara; "contrived" & "Disney Romance."
    5)She has no personality or past. She's a pointless token love interest. Her only contribution to the plot was filler; to make the 3ed movie just long enough.
    6)Edna was a disagreeable selfish little hellspawn, but she had a backstory, a purpose, a complex personality. She was actually interesting. I prefer Doc as a bachelor, but I'd choose her over Clara anyway.

• @LikaLaruku said: Admit it....You all want Marty to go to a realistic future just to say "It's 2015 & still no flying cars."

Just finished watching the B2tF trilogy, & remembered why I never liked the 3ed movie. I hope that if there is a 2ed season that it also does not include Clara Clayton as anything more than a mentionable. She ruined part 3 for me & a few other complainers on the net....

1)She's 30 & 40 & she instantly falls head over heals for a senior citizen?
    2)Doc is 70 or 80s. He's too old for relationships or sowing wild oats. & considering his age & lack of libido, he should statistically have been impotent at his age.
    3)When 2 best friends get married & start families, they drift apart & maybe see eachother once a year.
    4)2 things come to mind when I think of the relationship between Emmett & Clara; "contrived" & "Disney Romance."
    5)She has no personality or past. She's a pointless token love interest. Her only contribution to the plot was filler; to make the 3ed movie just long enough.
    6)Edna was a disagreeable selfish little hellspawn, but she had a backstory, a purpose, a complex personality. She was actually interesting. I prefer Doc as a bachelor, but I'd choose her over Clara anyway.

No I don't want a realistic 2015. That would only work for a reboot. I do want to see lot's of future jokes that relate to our present.

• I'm enjoying season 1 that much I'm just hoping there will be a season 2 :-)

Thanks Telltale Games for making this great series!

• @LikaLaruku said:

Technically, he was in his 70's or 80's... but in his travels to the future, he went to a rejuvenation clinic and shaved about 20 years off of his body... thus having to put on an 'aged disguise' when returning to 1985 and peeling the disguise off again in 2015, revealing his 'rejuvenation treatment' to Marty.

Same situation, age and body-wise is BttF3.

By the time the game starts... Doc is in his 90's or 100's, Jules and Verne just entering college and Doc Brown's age beginning to show once again.

• @LikaLaruku said: Admit it....You all want Marty to go to a realistic future just to say "It's 2015 & still no flying cars."

Just finished 6)Edna was a disagreeable selfish little hellspawn, but she had a backstory, a purpose, a complex personality. She was actually interesting. I prefer Doc as a bachelor, but I'd choose her over Clara anyway.

No, no I dont I want to go to maybe 2020 or 2030.

Also Clara had a purpose she causes the problem which has to be resolved, without her Doc would of got in the DeLorean and got to 1985 and it would of all been good but because she is there she comes on to the train, almost dies and has to be rescued by Doc which created much tension during the train scene.

Also even though it is just a film so I sound like a physco when I say this, I understood Docs pain when he had to leave Clara behind, so basically she creates a lot of emotion because you feel sympathy for Doc.

But yes Edna was a good character but it felt like she had been forced in because there was no indication in the film Mr Strickland had a sister.

Personnally I dont really want telltale to keep on with Edna in season 2 her moment of fame was season 1, most people have said they want to see Clara so instead of adding alternative versions of jennifer which dont look anything like her they could add characters fans want to see.

• @yoman45135 said: No, no I dont I want to go to maybe 2020 or 2030.

Also Clara had a purpose she causes the problem which has to be resolved, without her Doc would of got in the DeLorean and got to 1985 and it would of all been good but because she is there she comes on to the train, almost dies and has to be rescued by Doc which created much tension during the train scene.

Also even though it is just a film so I sound like a physco when I say this, I understood Docs pain when he had to leave Clara behind, so basically she creates a lot of emotion because you feel sympathy for Doc.

But yes Edna was a good character but it felt like she had been forced in because there was no indication in the film Mr Strickland had a sister.

Personnally I dont really want telltale to keep on with Edna in season 2 her moment of fame was season 1, most people have said they want to see Clara so instead of adding alternative versions of jennifer which dont look anything like her they could add characters fans want to see.

Clara inadvertantly adds to the conflict in the third film; think of how it would have played out without her; Doc and Marty decide on the plan to use the train to get back. Realizing Buford is after him, they would stay inside for the remainder. Doc likely only went to the festival so he could see Clara so without her there is no run in with tannen. Doc wouldn't have gone to the salloon so even if Tannen was still after him he wouldn't find him there. They'd get back to 1985, Doc would let the time machine get destroyed and his greatest invention may or may not go to waste- it's up to interpretation why he builds the time train. You could argue that he had another 'what the hell?' moment like he had in the first film and thus still would have built a second time machine had he returned to 1985. Some believe Clara inspired him. Or you could also argue he does it to get Einstein and see marty one more time.

Edna was a good choice. They did all they could with Biff in the first two films. She's also set up where she's a protagonist for the first 2 episodes and antagonist for the last 3. There was very little development of Strickland other than he hasn't had hair for minimum 30 years and he's from a long line of disciplinarians. The stricklands had already been established as antagonist and protagonists; Mr. Strickland is more of an antagonist towards the McFly's in the first 2 films but Marshall is a protagonist. That being said her character has run it's course. I'm thinking the tannens of the future could be the next villains.

• I haven't been on in a while. Hows everyone doing? Are they making a season two?

• @caeska said: The problem is that Telltale is too afraid to make actual changes in the BTTF universe. For example, there are no main character deaths, important character developments, important revelations about the past or any such things. You can be damn sure that everything will be back to the same way it was before when this season is over.
    So what's the point? Make a season 2 that's exactly the same, I mean do you really want that? There is fan fiction out there that is much much better and is brilliantly written.

Firstly I didn't see the point of setting the game in the 1980's, right after the events of BTTF 3. That may have made sense 20 years ago, but now? Give me a break.
    It just seemed to me that TTG caved in to the fan demands of featuring teenage Marty and the Delorean even though it probably wasn't the best decision from a creative standpoint.

Marty is pretty much a developed character, and there is not much to work with there. The Delorean was destroyed, that particular vehicle's story is over. Sure, Doc can rebuild it, like he did in the Kristen Sheley fanfic. Later on the Delorean also got permanently destroyed and it was replaced with another model from the 2030s.
    But coming up with a retarded justification that the car was duplicated when it was hit by lightning just to keep the damn car is insulting.

I don't even see why the game had to have Marty as a playable character at all; they could have used Jules and Verne as the main antagonists, who have grown up with time travel and for whom there are excellent opportunities for development.
    Or the story could (should even) have branched out from our present time, and involved puzzles across time periods. Not just alternating between 1986 and 1931.

So unless TTG actually wants to touch on the BTTF universe and make changes they shouldn't even think about a second season.
    But if they can make a good story that interacts with the BTTF world and involves time travel as a more central theme, then I'm interested.

ok that whole post was complete bullshit. definatly disagree

Add Comment