User Avatar Image

'Coming Soon To PC'

posted by stuxmusic on - last edited - Viewed by 360 users

When is soon? I find it odd that you wouldn't release all platforms at the same time, but I find it stranger still that the PC releases aren't your primary concern, considering it's where Telltale began. Still, any word on when?

35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Will there be a disc release at the end of the season?

    Waiting that confirmation to buy. :D

  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

    @nomecopies said: Will there be a disc release at the end of the season?

    Waiting that confirmation to buy. :D



    With that price tag, I severely doubt it. :(

  • @Vainamoinen said: With that price tag, I severely doubt it. :(



    I think you're probably right about no collector's DVD, but I don't think price would be the reason.

    Unless I'm getting it confused, I want to say that Wallace and Gromit had a preorder deal for around that price or maybe it was $25. Anyway, it had a fairly nice DVD released with extras.

  • I preordered Back to the future at $19,99 too, so the price it's not the reason. What scares me it's the "season pass" of the title. I'd love a DVD for my Telltale collection. I can understand that Puzzle Agent or Hector didn't, but this one has SEVEN episodes! Still with (a little) hope till official words.

    PD: Also, the iPhone version it's about $12, why would the PC version be more expensive if it offers the same?

  • @nomecopies said: I preordered Back to the future at $19,99 too, so the price it's not the reason. What scares me it's the "season pass" of the title. I'd love a DVD for my Telltale collection. I can understand that Puzzle Agent or Hector didn't, but this one has SEVEN episodes! Still with (a little) hope till official words.

    PD: Also, the iPhone version it's about $12, why would the PC version be more expensive if it offers the same?



    Well, Telltale's never really liked selling individual episodes right away.

    But yes, the price difference kind of surprises me. Sure, iOS users have different expectations for games in the app store (ie. 'if it's not .99 cents, it's overpriced'), but still.

    With Apple's cut of profits and fees for developing for the platform...Unless I'm missing something and the PC version has extra features or better casting or more gameplay, I get the feeling that pricing at $20 with no season discount as on iOS means PC gamers are helping subsidize the iOS version.

  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

    @JJoyce said: I think you're probably right about no collector's DVD, but I don't think price would be the reason.

    Unless I'm getting it confused, I want to say that Wallace and Gromit had a preorder deal for around that price or maybe it was $25. Anyway, it had a fairly nice DVD released with extras.



    26$ even. That's 30% more than the present Law & Order offer. ;)

  • Episodes 1-3 are available immediately upon purchase.

    this what it said on peutchase page. i brought the game for the pc and got 1 episode where are the other2

  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

    You've already downloaded them, no doubt. ;)

    Try finding a switch button in the "chapter 1" screen, you should be able to choose from there.

  • the libary in the game shows aa 7 parts but when i click on part2 nothing happens please hrlp

  • You access the other episodes the same way you access episode 1. From the Episodes menu, after hitting Play on the main menu.

Add Comment