User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 183.3K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @divisionten said: Okay guys, SRS BUSINESS. I have until Monday to decide which job offer I'm going to take... and I'm not so sure what to pick

If it's a choice between good jobs, then you will win no matter what you pick. Research the companies online, decide what you like/hate about them, and choose one. If for some reason the choice you make doesn't work out, well, you can check to see if the others are still interested. :rolleyes:

If it's a choice between bad jobs, pick whichever you think will stress you out the least.

• @divisionten said: Okay guys, SRS BUSINESS. I have until Monday to decide which job offer I'm going to take... and I'm not so sure what to pick

SRS BUSINESS?!

Hm...does either company's name sound like a sexual innuendo? You might want to go with that one.

@divisionten said: I like it when a videogame impresses me with some intelligent design! :D

I prefer when they impress me with evolution, personally.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

No, guys. it's the Department of Defense in Hawaii or the State Department in Japan.

• @divisionten said: No, guys. it's the Department of Defense in Hawaii or the State Department in Japan.

Ooh. Tough call. Are you comfortable speaking Japanese as part of your career?

• Damn Hawaii is beach party central and Japan has Giant Robots! Tough call man.

• Family? Which would be closest to your family?
    Or farthest if its THAT kind of family.

• @divisionten said: No, guys. it's the Department of Defense in Hawaii or the State Department in Japan.

Having been to Hawaii, not a fan. But then, I hate things like:

-Excessive sunlight
    -Heat
    -Sand
    -Getting a nasty gash on my leg thanks to coral which is EVIL
    -Walking out of the ocean with an automatically salt and sand-filled wound

Those last two things might not be universal.

...Actually, now that I think about it, Japan was where I found out that my father had been having an affair for years because he left his email account open. I proceeded to keep that bottled in for I think about two years-ish until it finally got around to people actually talking about it phase. As far as I know, he has no idea I carried that around with me at all, let alone for that long.

Both suck, pick something in Atlanta and hang out with me instead. =P

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

Re jobs: very broadly, these are the things I'd be looking at (roughly in order of priority):
    [LIST]
    [*]Any "once in a lifetime experience" factor
    [*]Quality/transferrability of skills learned
    [*]Long-term career prospects
    [*]Environment (for me it would be Hawaii all the way, your preferences may differ)
    [*]Salary (depends on how motivated you are by money, often other factors make up for a lower salary)
    [*]People I know in the organisation and/or met in the hiring process
    [/LIST]

@Rather Dashing said: Having been to Hawaii, not a fan. But then, I hate things like:

-Excessive sunlight
    -Heat
    -Sand

These things make my little Aussie heart sing! :D

@Rather Dashing said: -Getting a nasty gash on my leg thanks to coral which is EVIL
    -Walking out of the ocean with an automatically salt and sand-filled wound

Those last two things might not be universal.

Heh, I did the same thing to my knee snorkelling off the coast of Borneo. Then fell over while standing on one leg to wash away the nastiness, scraping the SAME KNEE on wet concrete. It was a great day. I got a scar and all!

• Any chance that this would be the snorkeling featured in your avatar?

This discussion has been closed.