User Avatar Image

Bad Brain asking for help

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

I just got an email from theinventory.org asking fans of Sam and Max to help Bad Brain aquire the rights of the duo. It all seems pretty pathetic.

45 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Actually, LucasArts probably could sue if Telltale tried to make a game with the same or similar story. Released or not, it's still LucasArts property. The only thing LucasArts will be stripped of come May are the actual character names, not game designs (which would include story). Unless maybe Purcell specifically owns the rights to the storyline...which I doubt.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

well if lucasarts wont allow them to use any ideas from FP..maybe for the new game they could go with the storyline..of max getting shot and sam has a monkey as a new partner.. you know like that "new comic" steve purcell never finished

• Hmmm... Max gets shot 3 days before retirement, eh? That's never been done before, right? Maybe we should leave the writing to the professionals. ;)

Hehe.. but it could work, it sounds like a pretty funny idea, actually. :) As long as Max didn't actually die or nothing.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]Hmmm... Max gets shot 3 days before retirement, eh? That's never been done before, right? Maybe we should leave the writing to the professionals. ;)

Hehe.. but it could work, it sounds like a pretty funny idea, actually. :) As long as Max didn't actually die or nothing.[/quote]

im talking about the "new comic" steve pucell never finished..in the collected sam and max..the last page has a drawing done by steve of sam and his new partner.. obviously the story is already witten in comic form but i think it would translate to the game well.. having to find max at the start of the game, and once finding max finding the culprit i think would work in an adventure game of course a lot of hilarity would be involved :D

• how about the new partner is the one that did it...

• [quote] im talking about the "new comic" steve pucell never finished..in the collected sam and max..the last page has a drawing done by steve of sam and his new partner.. [/quote]

You're going to think that I'm ABSOLUTELY, CERTIFIABLY, BEYOND ALL HOPE

INSANE!!!

but... uh, I actually have the Collected Sam & Max, but I have not actually read it yet. Not the whole thing, that is. And I've had it for over almost two years. I've read the back part (with the color comics from LEC, and I also do remember seeing a nifty picture of Sam with a monkey!

I think I was trying to save it for a rainy day. You know, like Jan. 28th. :D My lack of preparedness shames me...

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Hey bad brain changed there web adress? http://www.people-net.com/

Edit:
    And look at this, It's kierdorfs personel website,(in german). http://www.planet-kierdorf.de/

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

- Bad Brain is better than TellTale
    - No TellTale is better than Bad Brain
    - Well Bad Brain is making A Vampyre Story
    - TellTale made Sam n Max 2
    - Steve give the rights to BBE
    - No Steve give the rights to TTG

-D.Manos

but whats below is interesting ;)

Bad Brain is an investor/publisher and Tell Tale Games is a developer. If Bad Brain were to get the rights from Steve Purcell, there's no indication that they would not contact Tell Tale Games for its development. Taken from the interview with Wolfgang in The Inventory 20:

T.I.: If you managed to acquire the title from Lucasarts would you try to hire the developers that had worked on the game until the point it was cancelled or would you hand it over to AME instead so that they can finish the game's development themselves?
    W.K.: We would try to have the old team finish it. We are in contact ...

• BBE is also a developer. Note Quizzoid, Orgastic 4, I-Jet are all in-house developments.

When that interview first surfaced, I thik I recall Telltale saying that never heard of/from BBE. So assuming because Kierdorf mentions in an interview he's in contact with the original developers, doesn't necessarly mean he would have given the code to Telltale to finish.

Anyway, at this point it hardly matters, does it? That code is dead and buried for good.

Add Comment