User Avatar Image

Madisun's Arc - Reviews By Darth Marsden

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 6.2K users

Hey guys. This is a list of all the videos I've made for my review series, Madisun's Arc. They do get better as I go along, honest! I primarily upload these to Blip, since that lets you preload the videos and, if you use AdBlocker, there's no adverts, but most of the videos also have YouTube mirrors for those who can't use Blip.

Anyway, enough rambling.

There was a great big list of all my videos here, but then - surprise surprise - the new site came along and turned all the YouTube links into actual videos. Around 30 of them.

I spent around 20 minutes trying to change them all over to the new link format, only for it to straight up not work. So now you just get the one link, to my Blip channel - http://blip.tv/chrismadisun

Screw this site. Screw it with a rusty freakin' chainsaw.

462 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The only performance of hers that I enjoyed was when she played an evil demon version of herself in Supernatural and, if I recall, got decapitated.

• Well, she got her face ripped off in Repo! So that's something.

• EDIT: Since I've a massive headache, progress on the review's been a bit slow. I've got 14½ minutes so far, which is just enough for a YouTube video. So here's the first part. The other half, and the complete version, should be done either tonight or tomorrow morning, headache allowing.

Also: I tried making sure there was very faint audio from the clips when I was talking over them. Is it better this way, or is it too distracting? Please let me know!

• tumblr_lcgr16Jx6E1qb9nsso1_500.gif

Great first part. You are the greatest*

*shameless try to get a place in your signature

• No complaints. It was so seamless I almost hate it. No, there really is no pleasing me.

• Cool. Glad to hear I got that right at least.

Just so you know: video's currently in the final stages of editing. Should be ready to convert in an hour, probably uploaded to Blip.TV overnight (if my internet connection holds up, it's been kinda flaky as of the reformat) and I'll have to re-edit the second half of the review for YouTube first thing in the morning.

EDIT: Compiling now. VideoPad's kinda annoying, 'cause its 'estimated time to finish' is never accurate, but I'm estimating an hour before I can start uploading.

@der_ketzer said: Great first part. You are the greatest*

*shameless try to get a place in your signature

Sadly, it's too similar to what someone else has said. Ya gotta be unique to be in my sig, boy!

• You know what's really freaking coincidental. My Dad was browsing Netflix for movies today, and he was suddenly like, "I wonder if they have The Librarian."

Needless to say, I was spared.

• Hey, the films aren't that bad, Fawful. Not exactly great either, but you could do a lot worse.

OK, here's the full thing on Blip. YouTube Part 2 is still on the way.

...and here it is. YouTube, part II. Again, still uploading, etc.

EDIT: Gah, there's mistakes all over the place. This is why you watch the video BEFORE you compile it, people!
    Screw-ups I've found so far:
    - 'Love Life Lows' still cuts out awkwardly (though it's better than it was before)
    - I forgot to edit the sound level in a scene before my rant about Ad-Fades
    - The camera is partially obscured by my script on a clipboard in the penultimate live-action sections

God-dammit. And I was so happy with this review too. Serves me right for rushing this thing out, I guess. May fix them, many not. Depends if I can be arsed after work today.

EDIT2: Turns out I could be arsed. I won't be updating the YouTube version (it's only really in Part 2, but still - effort), but I have updated the Blip.TV version.

• True, they aren't the worst. The first two I enjoy well enough in spite of their shlockyness, but they just had shitty vampires in the third. Plus the third bores me, although there are parts of it that remind me of Gabriel Knight, like when they visit the tombs. I have to laugh at the terrible effects in the second.

The one thing I keep wondering is that it feels like they kept building up to some huge reveal regarding Judson and Charlene. I mean, Judson seems to have some rather omnipotent powers. Maybe we'll find out in The Librarian 4: Fate of the Kingdom of Eden or something.

Add Comment