User Avatar Image

Request code: 'issue-56163'

posted by hdallens on - last edited - Viewed by 557 users

Dear Support
I already sent you by e-mail on 19h Jan 2012 a request for which you gave me the rref code 'issue-56163' and that I copy here under.
Thanks for let me know what I could do.
Best
Hervé d'Allens
------------------
Dear Support Team

Having recently bought your game for PC "Tales of Monkey Island", in France (FNAC store), I encounter the following problem.
After installation of the game from the DVD reader of my PC and trying launching the game, I get the following error message on my screen, without other possibility than closing this message and cry...

Telltale Games has encountered a problem and needs to close. We apologize for the inconvenience.

AppName: autorun.exe AppVer: 2010.10.21.48112 ModName: autorun.exe

ModVer: 2010.10.21.48112 Offset: 00156ea0

The following files will be included in this bug report:

C:\DOCUME~1\Herve\LOCALS~1\Temp\3d1e_appcompat.txt

My system is as follows:
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.111025-1629)
Language: French (Regional Setting: French)
System Manufacturer: Fujitsu Siemens
System Model: GA-8SGXLFS
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Page File: 971MB used, 1494MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

I really hope you can help me to solve and play...

Best regards
Hervé d'Allens

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

That's great. Remember uninstalling the demo first.

• I already did it. I think I could become a pro adivisor on this game in the near future ;-)

• As I feared, it does not work for episodes 1 & 2, but it works very well in quality level 1 for the last three ones.
    I relly think there is a bug in the DVD I bought and I expect that Teltale team could help me to get in touch with Focus Home Interactive, as at the end they should have some link with this distributor, and their logo and that of Lucas Art are both on the box cover of the DVD.
    Hope Michael will see my message.

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

At least we have narrowed it down a bit now and i hope you'll find a solution.

Otherwise, trying a different graphics card could help too.

• Hi DjNDB
    I sent a private message to Michael Parks (see hereunder) but did not receive any reply.
    Could you help to get one from him or Teltale team?
    Thanks
    Herve

Request code: 'issue-56163'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Michael
    I imagine you're off during the week-end, but I hope you will have a look of the discussion I had with a community moderator, DjNDB, yesterday.
    As you will see, we have narrowed down a bit the issues I have with the game, and I'm able to read video in the episodes 3 to 5 by lowering the Quality setting to level 1.
    Unfortunately it doesn't work for the two first episodes, while I can read it with the demo of ep1 downloaded on your site.
    So I am wondering if the Teltale team would be kind enough to offer me a free download of the episodes 1 & 2, and I will finish the game with my DVD for the 3 others.
    I also opened a thread in the forum of Focus Home Interactive who relased your game in france, but never got any reply...
    Thanks to let me know what you can do;
    Best
    Herve

• Hi,

I've sent you a couple of emails; I'm not sure why you haven't received them.

I added Episode 1 to your account as a test, but the version should be basically the same as what you have now. Please let me know if you have any success with it, though, and I'll add Episode 2.

You may be having luck with the latter episodes of the series due to changes made in the engine and art assets, but the crux of the problem is that you're using legacy hardware with fairly out of date drivers. All the video issues you're seeing, including the laggy mouse, are definitely related to that. Unfortunately, there isn't a ton of troubleshooting that can be done to resolve it. New drivers would probably help, but as a legacy device, Nvidia isn't supporting that card any more.

Please let me know if you have any luck with the episode downloaded from our site, though, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Michael

• Hi Michael
    I did not receive your emails. It could be due to the SpamWars I use to protect my box. You should have received a request from the system for confirming your adress to be accepted. Another way to allow your emails entering is that you give me your email adress and I could add it in my white list.
    Thanks for the Episode 1 you added for free in my account. Unfortunately it does not work, and I even cannot open it at all for changing the options while I can with my DVD program. As I installed the DVD "French" version maybe there is a conflict with. So I will retry when I complete the episodes 3-5 I'ma playing currently and will let you know what happens.
    Let me remind you that the demo of episode 1 downloaded on your site was working... Maybe the demo video is lighter and simpler than the full version... Is there a way to cut the Episode 1 in two or three parts for acheving a compatible prog with my system?
    Thanks & best
    Herve
    Best

• User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

If you installed the downloaded Episode 1 without uninstalling the DVD Version, you probably get a broken installation of Episode 1. I tested that earlier.

By default they install into the same folder which breaks the Episode. It seems to work okay, if I choose a different installation folder for the downloaded Episode. That's something you could try.

• Thanks DjNDB, it works by installing in a different folder and I can read the full Episode 1 thanks to Michael.
    Hope I could get also the episode 2...
    Best
    Herve

• You should be able to download all five episodes now.

Add Comment