User Avatar Image

Batman thread

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 8.4K users

With Batman Arkham City coming out yesterday (uk) and the 18th of October (usa) and with me finishing it yesterday i throught it would be cool to open a batman thread so go ahead and say anything you want about batman you can talk about the games comics movies anything batman you can even make reviews of it ill start

Review of Batman Arkham Asylum

Story - The Joker breaks out of arkham and lets Batman capture him and bring him back but as Batman thinks it was too easy and thinks Joker is up to something he is proven Right as Joker takes control of arkham and kills many guards unleashes all of the inmates with the help of Harley Quinn and the inmates being killer choc Scarecrow and more of the villians from batmans past and with the pain of the riddler who makes batman solve all his riddles..its gonna be one big night for the dark knight

Gameplay - just belive me this is one of the best comic book games and it feels like you really are the dark knight as you fight,do puzzles and solve riddles it is really good gameplay

Overall - it is one of the best batman games if not one of the best comic book games made and if you can i would say ether get it along with the sequel Arkham City or if you can find it just get it so Batman Arkham Asylum gets a 9.0

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @ryannumber1gamer said: so how far is everyone in arkham city? how far into the story are you and what side missions you have done but remember if ur gonna say use spoiler tags

Finished with the main story. I'd like to check out more Riddler stuff as I can see some effort went into those segments as well, but, uh, for some stupid reason the game gives me headaches so I just left it there. It's a very good game though.

• @Johro said: Well that's why Burton liked him. But that was still a comedy role.

Yup! I think even the producers admitted they gave Burton the go-ahead on Keaton after they saw him in Beetlejuice. Oddly enough they also wanted Bill Murray as Batman. Now imagine that. :confused:

• @Pony Bone said: Bill Murray as Batman. Now imagine that. :confused:

Still better than George Clooney as Batman :I

• @Shadowknight1 said: 38b00c23-011c-4469-8e40-949ec172de2a.jpg

Yeah i know... One of the producers admits it here:

http://youtu.be/0rujArU3il8

It's about 7 minutes in

• Which villians would you want to see in the game, what should you think the story should be about, where should it take place, and who should be the main antagonist?

1. Harley Quinn, Scarecrow, Ventriloquist, Calendar Man, Zsasz
    2. Total criminal takeover of Gotham City.
    3. The integrity of Gotham City.
    4. Either Harley Quinn or The Joker (hey, he's cheated death before, hasn't he?)

• In the weeks following Arkham City's collapse, a horde of criminals were essentially left unsupervised as TIGER forces withdrew and police units found themselves unable to establish a foothold. Instead, a massive barricade was established at the central gate and police boats tirelessly patrolled the external shore, in hopes of buying time until a resolution could be made.

Bruce Wayne, longtime Gotham City patriarch, was driven into hiding following a series of senseless murders that all pointed to Wayne as the primary suspect. Even surveillance video clearly caught sight of Wayne as he slaughtered victims. Though Wayne himself evaded capture, his faithful butler Alfred was taken into custody and Wayne Manor occupied by police forces.

All seemed to be going well until the fear gas swept out into the streets, driving the officers mad with terror. The defense down, Harvey 'Two Face' Dent rode out into Gotham on the back of an army of criminals, leaderless after the death of Joker and the capture of Penguin. Two Face, the only controlling force left in the city, organized all of Arkham City's criminals en masse, moving into greater Gotham.

The city became a war zone following the coordinated assault of Scarecrow and Harvey. Dent's newest weapon was Scarecrow's poison, and he used it to effectively drive back all police efforts to put a halt to his criminal war. Acting as Harvey's chief general, Prometheus led the war effort, slaughtering officers as had been his calling since he was a child. The police fell back, forced to abandon the prisoners at Gotham City Police Department, including Alfred. They were driven to their only foothold, Wayne Manor. With an overwhelming police presence there, Batman was cut off from the Batcave.

Sensing the turning tide in Gotham, Black Mask and Great White allied to form the Skull Society, a criminal organization to battle against the many commanded by Harvey Dent. Using their considerable financial resources they hired a formidable number of men and carved out their own section of Gotham, holding tightly against the encroaching forces of Two Face. Following the terms of their former alliance, Riddler and Black Mask allied, the Riddler allowed to wreak havoc on the citizens of Gotham who were struggling to survive, while also making life hell for those unfortunate thugs in the employ of Two Face who might stumble into his devious games.

With the streets of Gotham terrorized, not even the skies or the grounds below were safe. The Ratcatcher flooded the sewers with toxic venom that few could survive, leaving only those criminals equipped with gas masks by Dent in a position to patrol the underground. The unpredictable Killer Croc, ever eager for vengeance against Batman, was charged with its patrol. Yet in his agitated state, even Dent's thugs were never entirely safe.

Meanwhile, the skies above were kept out of police advantage by the continuing efforts of Killer Moth and Firefly, who actively assaulted any police forces that attempted to turn the battle to their advantage using police helicopters.

Finally, acting quite independently, Poison Ivy had once again established herself in Gotham, assuming possession of its arboretum, and destroying all humans that would come within close proximity.

With Gotham sealed by land and air, and the Batcave now outside of Batman's reach, he was left only to his gear. He would first need access to the cave, which would require a stealthy entry through the manor. Following this, he would need to arm himself and see to taking down Two Face. With Dent's location a mystery and an array of villains set against him, he would be in bad need of allies.

Acting in the shadows was Azrael, hoping to aid Batman as he could. By clearing the skies they could open a way for the arrival of Nightwing. On the ground, both Robin and Catwoman were present. Making contact was the only issue, given the continuing communication blackout being enacted from Wayne Tower by the ever curious Maxie Zeus.

With these forces arrayed against him, Batman could only wonder who had coordinated his exile as Bruce Wayne, the dispersal of fear gas and the escape of Harvey Dent.

• Spoiler: The joker is dead.

There is no Arkahm Country without them. As good as the other villains are, I don't think they're good enough to carry a plot like the Arkham series demands. Plus, I don't really think the developers know where to take the story from here. They've basically done No Man's Land, there's nowhere really left to go from there.

(And before you ask, the fourth game would be Arkham Planet, and the fifth Arkham Universe.)

Add Comment