User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 45.1K users

What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Thief 1 and 2 £11.75
    From Good Old Games.

Its been a pretty long time since I've bought something from there, and Thief 1 and 2 are supposed to be real classics.

(I shouldn't be buying this... its illogical...buuuuuutt....I wanna play eet! :p)

• @GuruGuru214 said: An ice pick.

I read this as "an ice pack" and considering how sore I am right now, that sounds like a really good idea. But I don't think an ice pick would work nearly as well.

• @GuruGuru214 said: An ice pick.

That's JUST for ice, right?

...right?

• @ted12 said: Yeah, Cing, the developer for both games, went bankrupt in '08. In other words, there's no chance for either to be released in the states.

Well, last window was released in 2010, oddly enough. Maybe there's still hope!

Last window isn't that great by the way. The plot so far isn't up to much, the characters don't seem as interesting this time round, and it basically just feels like hotel dusk in a bigger hotel. But because everyone lives there, you lose the atmosphere you get from meeting people for the first time, and learning why they are really there.

I'm sure it'll get better as I read a bit more though.

• @Friar said: Well, last window was released in 2010, oddly enough. Maybe there's still hope!

Last window isn't that great by the way. The plot so far isn't up to much, the characters don't seem as interesting this time round, and it basically just feels like hotel dusk in a bigger hotel. But because everyone lives there, you lose the atmosphere you get from meeting people for the first time, and learning why they are really there.

I'm sure it'll get better as I read a bit more though.

I still bought it off Amazon anyways. Hope it's good!

• @ted12 said: I still bought it off Amazon anyways. Hope it's good!

Yeah, I wouldn't say it's bad, it just hasn't gripped me as much as hotel dusk did. But them I'm only three chapters in. Maybe I'll go play it some more now actually. It doesn't help that I'm currently reading another book.

But I would definately recommend picking up Another Code:R (and of course jailbreaking the wii and using gecko region free.) As soon as their are no more wii games on the horizon you want (that way you won't be forced to update and lose the region-free ness). Fantastic game, and is probably 3rd on my list of awesome wii games (after Okami and skyward sword). I think it even made me cry at one point. It was certainly responsible for a 6 month long obsession with becoming a park ranger.

• @StrongBrush1 said: That's JUST for ice, right?

...right?

That's for me to know and you to lose sleep over.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

indie galla bundle

• Strength Training Resistance Bands.

• @Friar said: Yeah, I wouldn't say it's bad, it just hasn't gripped me as much as hotel dusk did. But them I'm only three chapters in. Maybe I'll go play it some more now actually. It doesn't help that I'm currently reading another book.

But I would definately recommend picking up Another Code:R (and of course jailbreaking the wii and using gecko region free.) As soon as their are no more wii games on the horizon you want (that way you won't be forced to update and lose the region-free ness). Fantastic game, and is probably 3rd on my list of awesome wii games (after Okami and skyward sword). I think it even made me cry at one point. It was certainly responsible for a 6 month long obsession with becoming a park ranger.

I looked up an LP of it on youtube. I ended up crying as well over Chapters 6 and 9

Add Comment