User Avatar Image

Madisun's Arc - Reviews By Darth Marsden

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 7.8K users

Hey guys. This is a list of all the videos I've made for my review series, Madisun's Arc. They do get better as I go along, honest! I primarily upload these to Blip, since that lets you preload the videos and, if you use AdBlocker, there's no adverts, but most of the videos also have YouTube mirrors for those who can't use Blip.

Anyway, enough rambling.

There was a great big list of all my videos here, but then - surprise surprise - the new site came along and turned all the YouTube links into actual videos. Around 30 of them.

I spent around 20 minutes trying to change them all over to the new link format, only for it to straight up not work. So now you just get the one link, to my Blip channel - http://blip.tv/chrismadisun

Screw this site. Screw it with a rusty freakin' chainsaw.

462 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Another status update.

The video's currently at the 20 minute mark - this one is definitely going to be another half-hour job. It'll be good, don't get me wrong, it's just taking ages to put all the footage together. Don't expect a lot of game reviews from me in the future, they take forever to do.

The two requests I made in my last post are still valid, but I'll repeat them again, since they seem to have been completely ignored. That makes me a saaaaaaad panda.

- Does anyone know which font is used in The Spoony Experiment videos?

- Could a mod please rename this thread to "Madisun's Arc - Reviews by Darth Marsden"?

If someone could help me with those, I'd very much appreciate it.
    Again, hoping to get the review done by Monday, but no promises.

EDIT: Update! I'm at 24 minutes now. Somewhat on the penultimate home stretch. Or something.
    I'm at the bottom of page 8 (out of 11) in the script, and of the rest remaining two pages have huge sections that I've decided not to include, for reasons of "it'd double the length of the video if I left them in". So finishing by tonight does actually seem possible.

EDIT2: Uh-oh. Looks like it'll be over half an hour. That's probably a wee bit too long. :(

EDIT3: Confirmed. It's gonna be 35 minutes, give or take. How am I gonna fit that onto YouTube? It'll either have to be three parts or I'll have to cut stuff out, and I'm not entirely happy with either. I'll probably do the later though. Sad panda.

EDIT4: 34:16. Gah. Still, at least it's done. Well, compiling, but whatever. I'll hopefully get it uploaded tonight, but given its length, it'll have to be on Blip. Not sure if I'll be YouTube-ing this one. Hope you guys don't mind.

EDIT5 (is alive): Uploading to Blip now. I have a Blip page here, so check it in an hour and a half or so.
    I'll properly link to it tomorrow once it's fully uploaded and everything.

• Happy 2,000th post!

Let me celebrate with a review of one of the worst games ever - Daikatana!

• But John Romero is the prettiest girl ever.

• Indeed he was. Then he got his hair cut and trimmed and grew a beard, and now he's a perfectly respectable gentleman.

I'm watching the video on Blip now - does anyone else notice if the audio is slightly out of sync with the video, or is that just some weird quirk on my machine? It wasn't like that pre-compile, honest.

• I didn't notice it, but then again I was kinda listening to it while writing notes about bacteria and sorta went back and forth between looking at giant pictures of cell cultures to watching the clips from the game.

Good review, by the way. It makes me sorta want to try out this game, though I think the NPCs would probably ruin it for me. I have a hard time dealing with them in the best of times and usually ultimately end up getting rid of any I have when I play a game that doesn't allow you direct control over your fighting buddies.

• You do have some control over them, in a similar style to Unreal Tournament, actually. Stop, Follow and Pick Up Item are the most commonly used commands you have, though apparently there are two others.

The problem is that the bots have to be with you when you go through a map change. You can't leave them on their own and explore Norway, for example. It's incredibly annoying.

By all means try the demo, but I don't believe that really shows off the Bots, so it may give a slightly false impression. Then again, so do I with all my cutscene editing. Hey ho.

• I did notice that when you were reading the prologue..the text was a little out of Sync.

• I might try out the demo. Shooter with RPG elements is kinda becoming a favorite genre of mine, mainly because I'm not good enough at pure shooting to enjoy it that much.

• @Icedhope said: But John Romero is the prettiest girl ever.

And he was going to make me his bitch.

Daikatana. Suck it down!

11128-romero_ad_super.jpg

I never made it through the first level. It's still sitting on my shelf mocking me with it's awefulness.

Add Comment