User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 14.3K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Started playing Heroes of Might and Magic V, I like that now I can actually choose my game difficulty.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Back into the 'avoid getting distracted while editing' game, which is a lot harder when you regularly have to spend time waiting for footage gained from FRAPS to either load in Windows Movie Maker, compile in Windows Movie Maker or just load in VideoPad.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Darth Marsden said: I certainly hope it gets translated, I seem to remember reading a preview of it [Deponia] a while back and thinking it looked awesome. Fingers crossed I get to buy it at some point!

You're in luck. Looks like they're scheduling an international release for May. Yes, this May. ;)

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@Vainamoinen said: You're in luck. Looks like they're scheduling an international release for May. Yes, this May. ;)

Yays!

• This semester I have to beat

Metroid Other M
    Zelda Skyward Sword
    Epic Mickey

Just finished Skyrim.

NOW I'm downloading GHOST PIRATES OF VOOJU ISLAND

• @DAISHI said: Just finished the main quest of Skyrim.

Fixed that for you.

• @RingmasterJ5 said: Fixed that for you.

Meh. I've got 40 of 50 achievements, did all the quest lines for Mage, Warrior, Dark Brotherhood, Thieves, did the Daedra Quests, went through the Civil War, and cycled through every town picking up each quest possible before moving onto the next. I'm sure there's a smattering of things I didn't do, but I'm content.

• Going to plan if I want to do an Metal Gear Timeline playthrough...or..just play through the solid series.

• More Soul Calibur V.

Man that game is pretty thrilling!

I played a lot more today, though unranked matches.

I love showing off my creations, and absolutely destroying people with Mitsarugi.
    I even had a good win streak going as well, (got a cheevo for it! :D).
    I try to play as different characters though, so I lost quite a lot because of it.

And yes, you can unlock a lot of stuff offline.
    Basically going around doing stuff offline levels you up, (its seperate to rank), and you get costume parts and characters that way as well.
    (Plus you have to play the quick battle mode to get titles anyway)

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@Icedhope said: Going to plan if I want to do an Metal Gear Timeline playthrough...or..just play through the solid series.

What order is that, 3, 1, 2, 4? Be nice if they re-released that NGC port of the first game onto the PS3 so you can play the entire series on one console, but there I go dreaming my little dreamy dreams.

Still playing Assassin's Creed. Got the achievement for killing 25 guards in a single fight last night, which took me like 20 minutes to do. Y'know, the onee where you have to start a fight in a guard-infested place, leave two alive and then keep backing away until you reach another group of guards, blocking the attacks from the two you left alive all the while? Yeah, that one.

Add Comment