User Avatar Image

Your objective assessment of the game

posted by Mihanick on - last edited - Viewed by 934 users

What is your objective assessment of Jurassic Park: The Game?
I do not agree with the assessment metacritic and I give the 8 of 10

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I gave it a 5, as its average. And no offence but an 8 is silly. To get a rating of 8 a game must be very good in every aspect, you dont even play this you just watch it.

• 4. And it only even gets that much because I liked the plot.

• Gave it a 6. As a JP-Fan accepting the concept and the technological shortcomings it would be 8, as a Gamer or simply Non-JP-Fan its only a 5.

Funny how some peoples "objective" assessment is a 10. Thats really just deluded...

• I really hate numbered assessments. it really doesn't tell you anything. It's the words in the review that really give you a detailed view on if the game is good or not. But I guess I'll give it a 7?

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

You're right, numbered assessments don't really cut it. Also, objectivity is an illusion. ;)

Supposedly you'd have the people voting "1" who were really disappointed with the game after building up massive expectations and waiting for so long. I would understand those people. Instead, of the present 3 people voting "1", at least two haven't ever bought or played the game to my knowledge. That's objectivity for you.

At least we can be sure that the people voting 8 or even 10 have actually spent some time with the game, which to form an "objective" opinion is a far less "silly" or "deluded" thing to do than voting something down you have never experienced.

• I loved this game . And I loved it for what it was . I liked those scenes and I believe that was best this way , because this gave you the possibility to be in great scenes . For example , do you remember one of the last scenes where the vet is hunted by T-Rex between , under and above some crates , just before he manages to escape to the boat ? Of course you do ! Well , in such cases it would be TOTALLY impossible to do all that stuff manually ! See ? This gameplay has some disadvantages but also some advantages on the other hand . No to mention that I didn't want to play Rambo in the park ! Jurassic park is a ... well a park ; it cannot be turned into a warzone ! If you play ant first person shooter you'll get to kill much more that the number of the dinosaurs living on JP . Therefore , I believe , this gameplay , combined with the great story , offered a very nice experience !

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

I haven't reviewed this on my site yet, but I too believe it deserves a solid 8.

Saying it isn't a game is silly. It is a game, just not a traditional adventure game. It's a quick time event (like Dragon's Lair or the action scenes in Shenmue) style game with some casual-adventure style exploration in between with some simple dialog puzzles and examination puzzles.

I find it quite fun to play since I enjoy the Dragon's Lair/Space Ace type games. I personally found it to be one of Telltale's better games since I didn't notice any glaring bugs like most of their 2011 games had.

I liked the new characters and I really liked the story. I liked how it connected to the first film, and I personally had always wondered what happened with the corporation who was waiting for the Barbosol can, so it was nice to see that addressed.

Bay Area Sound does an excellent job in the audio department as usual too. That's one area that you can always be sure will be top notch in any of Telltale's games.

• @Jennifer said: (like Dragon's Lair or the action scenes in Shenmue)

Thats what QTE are for, action scenes like in Shenmue. If the entire game is one massive QTE then it is not a game.

Shenmue has probably the best use of QTE in a game, JP over uses it in a way that makes it seem like it isn't a game.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Lukedfrt said: Thats what QTE are for, action scenes like in Shenmue. If the entire game is one massive QTE then it is not a game.

Shenmue has probably the best use of QTE in a game, JP over uses it in a way that makes it seem like it isn't a game.

You missed the first game I mentioned. Dragon's Lair is 100% QTE. It's a love-it or hate-it style of game play, but it's definitely a game.

• @Jennifer said: You missed the first game I mentioned. Dragon's Lair is 100% QTE. It's a love-it or hate-it style of game play, but it's definitely a game.

You can barely class it as a game, and even if it is classed as a game JP does a terrible job of it. You dont know when to press a button because the games framerate lags that much. Look at the scores on metacritic, the game is a mess. Oh and lets not forget about the metacritic incident where TTG made a disgrace of themselves for this game.

Add Comment