User Avatar Image

Who is your favorite KQ villain?

posted by Anakin Skywalker on - last edited - Viewed by 496 users

Who is your favorite baddie in the KQ games?

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think one thing that makes Alhazred unique as a villain, is he is a villain you learn about in a previous King's Quest game (aka 'The Vizier')... Then he shows up in a sequel...

It wasn't something that was done before or since in a KQ game...

Ya I know that Shadrack was mentioned in KQ6, but Roberta apparently never had the intent to bring him back in her games....

Manannan is unique from the perspective that he is the only 'reoccuring' villain, appearing in two official games.

• The biggest villain(s) in the King Quest's series ar obviously the stairs WITHOUT rails.
    So many accidental deaths in KQ3&4 because of no damn rails >_>

• User Avatar Image
    exo

ooo - I believe we have a winner. Stairs without rails is by far the most dangerous and villainous thing in the king's quest world.

• The worst stairs without rails are in the SEGA port of KQ1... You can't even get out of the Leprechaun's throne room to get to the small hole, without going up one of those dangerous stairs!

Actually stairs without rails are an indication of how klutzy and uncordinated, the people of Daventry are!

Even Connor can die from Stairs without rails! But he has the added threat of 'falling into lava' or 'spikes', or 'fire', or bottomless pits, while traversing stairs without rails! They are everywhere! Clearly another nod to King's Quest themes!

It wouldn't be a KQ game without some stairs without rails! Oh, wait were there any stairs without rails in KQ6 and KQ7?

There is only one in KQ5, and that's on Mordack's Island near the beach (unless you count some of the areas in the mountains, but they technically aren't 'stairs')...

Also technically, the only stairs without rails in KQ3, is the Door into Mountain? Unless you want to count the treacherous mountain paths (though those arguably aren't stairs)...

...and the basement....

• I hated the mountain path in KQ3! It's bad enough you gotta rush home before Mannanan, but it made it worse with annoying mountain rocks blocking the view of the path.

• @BagginsKQ said: Also technically, the only stairs without rails in KQ3, is the Door into Mountain? Unless you want to count the treacherous mountain paths (though those arguably aren't stairs)...

I also count the stairs to Mannanan's secret basement :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX0iMI-wl0k

• LOL, ya, those count! Made doubly dangerous, due to the evil black cat that trips you!

• Stairs without Rails ARE the Bane of the KQ Universe. (Makes note to put some in KoS)

Bt

• @Blackthorne519 said: Stairs without Rails ARE the Bane of the KQ Universe. (Makes note to put some in KoS)

Bt

Oh we've got something even better--are you forgetting crossing the Glass Mountains? ;)

• User Avatar Image
    exo

Oh, wait were there any stairs without rails in KQ6 and KQ7?

KQ6 does not have stairs without rails, but it does have the cliffs of logic, where if you don't click exactly on the brick you fall. And iirc, falling from anywhere above the first screen is death.

Add Comment