User Avatar Image

Your objective assessment of the game

posted by Mihanick on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

What is your objective assessment of Jurassic Park: The Game?
I do not agree with the assessment metacritic and I give the 8 of 10

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I played the game on PC and I didn't notice any frame drops at all . OK , there might been one or two , but it had to do something with the computer itself (some activity took place ; I could notice it by the flashing led) . Maybe it was my fast computer itself , but I don't thing this game has actually any such "hard moments" to deal with :confused: ...

• Objectively, I liked the game a lot. I'm a huge fan of games like heavy rain and indigo prophecy (faherenheit) and I thought the game's style, gameplay, story and puzzles were entertaining and fun.

(Played on Xbox 360)

Rated 9 out of 10 for me.

• @Lukedfrt said: Thats what QTE are for, action scenes like in Shenmue. If the entire game is one massive QTE then it is not a game.

Shenmue has probably the best use of QTE in a game, JP over uses it in a way that makes it seem like it isn't a game.

I just got done playing Space Ace, which is an all QTE game, and it's still better than most games released today.

A game is anything you play as a diversion, sometimes even without a definable goal.

• @DAISHI said: I just got done playing Space Ace, which is an all QTE game, and it's still better than most games released today.

A game is anything you play as a diversion, sometimes even without a definable goal.

In this day and age with the technology we have a QTE game cant be classed as a proper game.

We've moved on, look at games like Sonic. Great at one point but we have now moved on due too technology.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Lukedfrt said: In this day and age with the technology we have a QTE game cant be classed as a proper game.

We've moved on, look at games like Sonic. Great at one point but we have now moved on due too technology.

Not true. It's a niche market, but there's still some QTE games being made besides Jurassic Park: The Game. There's a great arcade game called The Act that was made in 2007. I actually drove up to Boston just to play the game. It's 100% QTE, and it was a lot of fun. It was hard to get game time in too, since there was a line of people waiting to play the game, and people all around the arcade machine watching people playing the game.

It was really something to see. I've never witnessed that kind of excitement in the arcades since I was too young during the arcade boom of the 1980's.

• @Lukedfrt said: In this day and age with the technology we have a QTE game cant be classed as a proper game.

Checkers is still a game. Tic Tac Toe is still a game.

• @Lukedfrt said: In this day and age with the technology we have a QTE game cant be classed as a proper game.

The arrogance of this post is so multilayered that it threatens to consume itself into a black hole from which no straight face may escape.

• @Jennifer said: Not true. It's a niche market, but there's still some QTE games being made besides Jurassic Park: The Game. There's a great arcade game called The Act that was made in 2007. I actually drove up to Boston just to play the game. It's 100% QTE, and it was a lot of fun. It was hard to get game time in too, since there was a line of people waiting to play the game, and people all around the arcade machine watching people playing the game.

It was really something to see. I've never witnessed that kind of excitement in the arcades since I was too young during the arcade boom of the 1980's.

Its a niche market for a reason. Some people in this thread really dont understand how poor a "game" this is, find me a positive review of it... look at the scores on Metacritic. The "game" is a waste of money and a terrible example of a QTE "game".

@Jennifer said: Checkers is still a game. Tic Tac Toe is still a game.

I didn't realise they were on consoles? :rolleyes:

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Lukedfrt said: Its a niche market for a reason. Some people in this thread really dont understand how poor a "game" this is, find me a positive review of it... look at the scores on Metacritic. The "game" is a waste of money and a terrible example of a QTE "game".

Once again you skipped over part of my post. The QTE game at the arcade I went to had lines of people wanting to play it. No one who played it was disappointed that they did.

The Metacritic scores are actually in the average range - 60% out of 100%. It's only the user scores that are really low, and they are that low because a lot of people who never played the game were voting 0% just because a few Telltale employees voted 100%. Fake reviews are never a fair judge of a game's quality.

• @Jennifer said: Once again you skipped over part of my post. The QTE game at the arcade I went to had lines of people wanting to play it. No one who played it was disappointed that they did.

The Metacritic scores are actually in the average range - 60% out of 100%. It's only the user scores that are really low, and they are that low because a lot of people who never played the game were voting 0% just because a few Telltale employees voted 100%. Shill voting is never a fair judge of a game's quality.

The score is 55, and we all know that pretty much most reviews only use 50 till 95, except in really extreme cases. So 55 is pretty bad.
    Also, whats that arcade game saying anything about the popularity about QTEs? They maybe played it because of nostalgia reasons, maybe they liked it because of the cartoon style? And a few people waiting in line is nothing compared to the game market in general!

Also this is not just some random QTE game, this is supposed to be a proper adaptation of the Jurassic Park license, which comes with its own expectations and must haves, which this game certainly didnt match. Wheres the excitement and suspense in random button smashing? Wheres the exploration? Awe and wonder with ancient graphics? Definetly not.

Fine for you when you belong to the few people who honestly werent dissappointed, but this game simply was a failure, thats for sure. I honestly cant imagine that this game sold very well. The fact that in germany the retail-release for XBox360 was canceled and that telltale doesnt provide a DVD for regular purchases which is unusual so far pretty much confirms that!

Add Comment