User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 44.5K users

What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Shadowknight1 said: We showed that in our anime club and the prevailing opinion was that the original version was done better.

Agreed. The orange palette they went for in 2.0 was an ugly eyesore.

• Of note? This.

318Vh86wnwL._AA300_.jpg

WACOM Intuos4 tablet.

• You bought lots of white space? With the sheer amount of white space shown against a tablet for reference?

• I had to buy it before the government bought it up.

• I bought...fried rice, the best of all rices. Someday I will divine the recipe for this amazing concoction and make it myself. And before anyone sends me links to recipe websites, I will say that this is a personal journey to rice nirvana. It isn't a path to a door, but a road vanishing into a horizon of fried rice.

• @Alcoremortis said: I bought...fried rice, the best of all rices. Someday I will divine the recipe for this amazing concoction and make it myself. And before anyone sends me links to recipe websites, I will say that this is a personal journey to rice nirvana. It isn't a path to a door, but a road vanishing into a horizon of fried rice.

Obviously what you need to do is reverse-engineer the fried rice. You have access to a lab, don't you?

• @DAISHI said: Of note? This.

318Vh86wnwL._AA300_.jpg

WACOM Intuos4 tablet.

My wife bought me one of those for Valentines day... she is a good wife... and she knows me well...

Now.... what to do with my old Intuos3?
    I'm thinking I will start training my kids on it.. on their laptop.

• @Rather Dashing said: Obviously what you need to do is reverse-engineer the fried rice. You have access to a lab, don't you?

I do, but there's slightly too many e.coli in it to be fooling around with food. Right now, I'm thinking about infiltrating the kitchens at the restaurant I order it at. It's a risky proposition, because if they catch me, they'll throw me out and ban me from coming back ever again.

Hmmm....thought is required.

• @Alcoremortis said: I do, but there's slightly too many e.coli in it to be fooling around with food. Right now, I'm thinking about infiltrating the kitchens at the restaurant I order it at. It's a risky proposition, because if they catch me, they'll throw me out and ban me from coming back ever again.

Hmmm....thought is required.

Hire an agent? Build a robot probe? Fill the building with knockout gas before sneaking in?

• @Rather Dashing said: Hire an agent? Build a robot probe? Fill the building with knockout gas before sneaking in?

I'm thinking something more within my area of expertise, namely making a clone of myself and sending it in to acquire the recipe. Needless to say, this will take year and years of tireless hard work, but I think the result will be worth it.

Add Comment