User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 24.1K users

What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

5.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Alcoremortis said: I'm thinking something more within my area of expertise, namely making a clone of myself and sending it in to acquire the recipe. Needless to say, this will take year and years of tireless hard work, but I think the result will be worth it.

Um.

So they kick the clone out, and ban the clone from ever eating there.

You spend years upon years crafting a clone of yourself so that an exact physical duplicate of you gets banned from the restaurant for life rather than yourself.

I hope you see the problem here.

• @Rather Dashing said: ....

Um.

So they kick the clone out, and ban the clone from ever eating there.

You spend years upon years crafting a clone of yourself so that an exact physical duplicate of you gets banned from the restaurant for life rather than yourself.

I hope you see the problem here.

Nope. See, the clone will be far younger than me, so I'll get off the hook.

• @Alcoremortis said: Nope. See, the clone will be far younger than me, so I'll get off the hook.

What if they think you're related to her and hold a grudge against her whole family?

• @Rather Dashing said: What if they think you're related to her and hold a grudge against her whole family?

I doubt it. She can wear a false mustache and nobody will ever know.

• @Alcoremortis said: I doubt it. She can wear a false mustache and nobody will ever know.

...Granted, I don't know much about how you looked as a kid, but I don't see you as being the sort that could pull off a mustache without someone suspecting that it might not be the real deal.

• @Rather Dashing said: ...Granted, I don't know much about how you looked as a kid, but I don't see you as being the sort that could pull off a mustache without someone suspecting that it might not be the real deal.

Honestly, I looked very similar to how I look now. Or at least, I feel that way. I've got this picture of me in my preschool class photo. All the other girls are wearing cute dresses and have bows in their hair. I, am wearing a T-shirt and jeans shorts with the sort of messy pony-tail that I insisted on doing myself so I kinda missed half of the hair.

• @Irishmile said: My wife bought me one of those for Valentines day... she is a good wife... and she knows me well...

Now.... what to do with my old Intuos3?
    I'm thinking I will start training my kids on it.. on their laptop.

I bought it for my background painter.

• @Alcoremortis said: I bought...fried rice, the best of all rices. Someday I will divine the recipe for this amazing concoction and make it myself. And before anyone sends me links to recipe websites, I will say that this is a personal journey to rice nirvana. It isn't a path to a door, but a road vanishing into a horizon of fried rice.

Never make fried rice from new rice. Use day old rice or older.

Trust me.

TRUST ME.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

God I hope my Intuos3 will work another decade. Those things are so damn expensive...

• @Giant Tope said: Never make fried rice from new rice. Use day old rice or older.

Trust me.

TRUST ME.

I know my roommate always just makes it in the morning and then refrigerates it all day before frying.

Add Comment