User Avatar Image

Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

posted by itssas83 on - last edited - Viewed by 26K users

ok first things first, I have made this page in hopes of gathering some reasonable suggestions to making the possible BttF: Season Two more enjoyable, not so everyone can post whats been said a million times about the puzzle difficulty, so here goes...

Make Puzzles more Complex/Fun/Creative/Etc.. (its said, moving on...)

One thing I been thinking about a lot these past few days is Jurassic Park, and how it will be the first game that Telltale will give you the option, or misfortune, of dying. I was thinking that we can incorporate a similar concept into the BttF series, which i would like to call "Caught Scenes". In the next paragraph I take 2 examples of this concept and explore possible scenarios from season one.

1931, when you and Doc are getting ready to jump into the Delorean, Officer Parker walks up and tries to put an end to the fun. Well what if you failed to get the keys and jump in the Delorean in time, and Parker catches you. Would he shoot/arrest you and Carl Sagan, altering the future forever?

When you are back in 1931 hiding behind the tree, what would happen if you failed to lure your alt self away from that tree? "Caught Scene" begins of you coming face to face with your alternative self, breaking rule #1 of time travel, causing irreparable damage to the time space continuum?!?!

personally i have found that if your not allowed to generally suffer some type of consequences for your actions, and puzzles essentially play on a harmless loop, the game just becomes repetitive and kinda boring. As a BttF fan, i think this would also be an exciting and safe way to explore the consequences of time travel and paradoxes etc. without having to have it play into the actual storyline. this alone could lead to some really exciting ideas.

as we know from the "its a wrap" video, telltale listens to us at the forums and values our opinions. this is a great chance to give our two cents, for whatever it might be worth! even if they use just use one or two suggestions everything can make a difference!

607 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @VeryTori said: I haven't been on in a while. Hows everyone doing? Are they making a season two?

We don't know yet. I have a feeling that if there will be a Season 2, it'll be revealed at E3. I hope.

• the number 2 script would b ok for it (some parts anyway) i read it a few days ago and after the first 4 or 5 pages i was hooked lol

• @Shadowknight1 said: We don't know yet. I have a feeling that if there will be a Season 2, it'll be revealed at E3. I hope.

when is E3??

• @HoodedGinger said: the number 2 script would b ok for it (some parts anyway) i read it a few days ago and after the first 4 or 5 pages i was hooked lol

Well particularily the third act (1967) since that was completely scrapped. The second act (alternate 1985) seemed shorter in that script and was fairly similar to what we saw. The first act (2015) had different elements that we did not see, mainly Marty's character flaw of attempting to get rich without working (instead of his chicken flaw). That could be something to be picked up especially with the future being involved

• it would be good if they brought 2012 into it as it is today but in like a funny way and not for an eppisode or anything jus a part of it like marty and doc come to this time but its like were a alternate timeline so they come here and are like ohh noo something must have went seriously wrong to create this timeline lol

• @HoodedGinger said: it would be good if they brought 2012 into it as it is today but in like a funny way and not for an eppisode or anything jus a part of it like marty and doc come to this time but its like were a alternate timeline so they come here and are like ohh noo something must have went seriously wrong to create this timeline lol

I would love to see today as today or something in the game! But when they go home, they have iphones and ipads and stuff, but someone finds it and that alteres the timeline!

• @VeryTori said: I would love to see today as today or something in the game! But when they go home, they have iphones and ipads and stuff, but someone finds it and that alteres the timeline!

They could get around this somewhat; have them travel to a different year and have it end up like OUR 2013. (Docs been to 2015 and 2011 i just picked the middle). It would probably have to be a year further ahead in time to make sense, let's just say it's 2019. So in the 2019 that they visit, blackberry's, ipods, etc are just new (despite the fact that in our timeline they'll have been around for 15 years at that time hence why they weren't seen in 2015 in part II) They end up bringing them back to 1986 which causes them to get invented earlier and possibly by the same companies which invented things we DON'T have that we saw in part II (flying cars, hoverboars, thumb keys etc.) which explains why their original timeline was different than ours.

• @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: They could get around this somewhat; have them travel to a different year and have it end up like OUR 2013. (Docs been to 2015 and 2011 i just picked the middle). It would probably have to be a year further ahead in time to make sense, let's just say it's 2019. So in the 2019 that they visit, blackberry's, ipods, etc are just new (despite the fact that in our timeline they'll have been around for 15 years at that time hence why they weren't seen in 2015 in part II) They end up bringing them back to 1986 which causes them to get invented earlier and possibly by the same companies which invented things we DON'T have that we saw in part II (flying cars, hoverboars, thumb keys etc.) which explains why their original timeline was different than ours.

Intresting but you do know Telltale would have to buy the rights to all those companys or it would look cheap as: 'Redberry or Mypod' (Because telltale always change the names... They never buy the rights to companys)

But it would be funny if they went back in time and there was some dubstep song and Marty says something like: ''Doc we messed up the timeline so bad they are playing really strange music.'' :D :D

Add Comment