User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 207.3K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I drew a picture of an anthropomorphic penis as a beatnik(because, you know, turtlenecks). Sunglasses, cigarette, and a little condom beret. I probably shouldn't post that one here tho

ALSO

it was SERIOUSLY lacking in dinosaurs anyway, and therefore of no interest to anybody ever.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

Digital coloring on this one, or traditional?

408053_10100421924636554_11323229_503744

• Heard some woman scream at her kids today while playing twisted metal...how can you call a five year old a piece of shit..and ignore their crying...

• @Icedhope said: Heard some woman scream at her kids today while playing twisted metal...how can you call a five year old a piece of shit..and ignore their crying...

I know a woman who locks her 3yr old out of her(the woman) room in the evening because she "wants to rest"(as well as yells at her etc etc)...Just doesn't care for her at all because she lives with her stepmother and assumes she'll do something for her and put her to bed(she has two other kids between 8-13 too). ...The extended family is currently trying to do something about her.

• @divisionten said: Digital coloring on this one, or traditional?

408053_10100421924636554_11323229_503744

I read that in their voices. Also, Digital. I only say that because it might look more true to the show digital.

@divisionten said: Heard some woman scream at her kids today while playing twisted metal...how can you call a five year old a piece of shit..and ignore their crying...

And I go back to wanting to punch people in the face. Well, that was a nice 4 days.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

407481_10100421966158344_11323229_503746

Too late, Rem.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Damn, I wish I could afford markers.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@Vainamoinen said: Damn, I wish I could afford markers.

They don't sell Crayola in Germany? I use Prismas but there are childsafe (ie inexpensive) markers too.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Bad timing. ;)

I just put out my birthday money in a rush. Four new Blu Rays and a Walking Dead compendium, and whooosh. I've been thinking about trying out markers for a while, but when I finally make that decision, it's probably Copic or nothing.

The Crayola markers are a completely different thing (somewhat derogatorily called a "Filzschreiber" = water based felt marker) in Germany. Only the good stuff like Copic or Prismacolor markers, which are alcohol-based, are able to cover smooth, seamless areas.

But good or bad quality notwithstanding, don't let those works lie in the sun. All markers are notoriously not lightfast. That is in fact the best reason I have why I didn't yet buy a SECOND Copic marker. ;)

• I had a pretty sucky day at work yesterday as well... :/

(I had a break that was a whole HOUR late. Talk about throwing a guy off. And it was so noisy and busy. I hate working retail... :()

Oh well. At least I got two weeks (i.e. 2 saturdays) off now. :D

This discussion has been closed.