476 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Vainamoinen said: But true it is also. We have to remember these mistakes so they won't be repeated. :cool:

So you're saying that "Escape from Monkey Island" is the Third Reich of the MI-saga?

• @Laserschwert said: So you're saying that "Escape from Monkey Island" is the Third Reich of the MI-saga?

Talk like that will get you sent to Knutting Atoll.

actii_knuttin1.jpg

• User Avatar Image
    Syd

@Everlast said: im hoping when WHEN will we see the end of monkey island saga???? This is what makes me mad about a saga. Mass Effect saga had an ending and people never had to wait for decades for a new installment, yet monkey is land is wait for 10 yrs for the new insstallment. This is the most least taken care franchise i've ever seen,

A true ending for the Monkey Island saga probably won't happen until Ron Gilbert gets full control over a new Monkey Island game. If anyone will end the series, it will be the creator himself.

• People keep saying that Telltale can't make another TMI, because they're too busy with other games.

I played "Jurassic Park" the other day, and I think they should return to making good games.

• User Avatar Image
    Syd

@bplinzi said: People keep saying that Telltale can't make another TMI, because they're too busy with other games.

I played "Jurassic Park" the other day, and I think they should return to making good games.

I had heard that they lost the licensing to Monkey Island, so they can't make another one unless LucasArts gives them the go-ahead again.

• I dont think its so much as "lost" the license, its more like they only had a deal to make one game.

• i doubt it lucasarts started the whole monkey island franchise long ago when dos was i think the mainstay of a computer system till microsoft came along with the windows product line. i mean those of us that can remember that far back originally the only gaming system/console was the atari. then the atari broke off and started making computers. the atari 800 i forgot some of the other atari computer systems the had released. I just remember my first actual pc was an atari 800. then tandy got into the game and started making computers as well as the commodore64 coming out. forgive the history of the pc here lol. i think though since lucasarts gave license to telltale to make some more of the monkey island series i don't think that would limited them to just one or two games. it all comes down to telltale and the developers teaming up with lucasarts and pitching the idea for a season 2 and its storyline to lucasarts and see if they like the idea. thats just my theory on it but its more or less the way of how it would go outside of forum discusssion i would guess.

• I would imagine it would have some sort of element like in EFMI where they don't realize that LeChuck has returned until a lot later. Who knows? The ending of "Rise of the Pirate God" seemed to leave the game on a cliffhanger. The Voodoo Lady looks like she might be an antagonist in the next game.

• @Mordaki987 said: i think though since lucasarts gave license to telltale to make some more of the monkey island series i don't think that would limited them to just one or two games. it all comes down to telltale and the developers teaming up with lucasarts and pitching the idea for a season 2 and its storyline to lucasarts and see if they like the idea. thats just my theory on it but its more or less the way of how it would go outside of forum discusssion i would guess.

Have a look at this post:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=562002&postcount=23
    They want to make more Tales but can't because Lucas Arts aren't interested.

• @royschreiber said: Have a look at this post:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=562002&postcount=23
    They want to make more Tales but can't because Lucas Arts aren't interested.

such a shame. TOMI ended on a bit of a cliffhanger, so it was obvious that telltale wanted to continue making them. Lets hope things change in the future.

Add Comment