User Avatar Image

Why has no gameplay been shown ?

posted by WARP10CK on - last edited - Viewed by 528 users

I am a little careful in being to hyped since we have seen absolutely no gameplay from it even though it seems judging from changes made to the website the first episode is not far away from release.

I mean some actuall gameplay would be nice since it gives us a general idea on what to expect, without spoling to much.

The play dead video was a good idea but it really does not give us alot more info, I honestly and no offense do not care about the developers favourite moments in the comics.

I just want to see the game in action and form an opinion on actuall gameplay.

36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

So do I. ;)

Still, I think that this should better be postponed until TTG can be sure that what is shown is what we get. I remember specifically in BTTF, gameplay scenes were shown in Doc's lab which could not be reproduced in the game (as annoying hint screens inevitably popped up which just were not present in gametrailer's footage). By now, it looks like TTG is going for icon-free 3D exploration in TWD, which I'd love.

So it's tricky. They have obviously settled for an art style, but gameplay should only be shown when no designer can still spontaneously throw his hat in the ring concerning the look of these "moving pictures". I want to see footage as soon as everyone else, but it should be FINAL - hence maybe come a bit later.

• Well hype wise you should know it gonna be a adventure style game problably very similar too jurassicpark or bttf if your expecting a gun toting left4dead or dead rising or even dead island best now just quit thinking that because you will will most likley be one of dissapointed ones.

• I'm sorry to help you, wish you good luck.g.gif

• I think it's pretty clear that Telltale doesn't want to show any gameplay until they've gotten as many preorders as possible.

• @Lambonius said: I think it's pretty clear that Telltale doesn't want to show any gameplay until they've gotten as many preorders as possible.

Given that we haven't opened or announced preorders, that's a weird theory!

We'll be showing some gameplay in an upcoming Playing Dead episode.

• @Jake said: Given that we haven't opened or announced preorders, that's a weird theory!

LOL...wait so that wasn't you guys asking for money in that back alley?

... I wanna see that playing dead episode now... my wife and I have been married 11 years today.. it would make a perfect anniversary gift... ok maybe not but STILL!!!

• @Irishmile said: LOL...wait so that wasn't you guys asking for money in that back alley?

... I wanna see that playing dead episode now... my wife and I have been married 11 years today.. it would make a perfect anniversary gift... ok maybe not but STILL!!!

Creepy guys in alleys wearing telltale employee shirts WARNING

• @Jake said: Given that we haven't opened or announced preorders, that's a weird theory!

Out of curiosity, by gameplay do you mean actual gameplay, or just an in-engine cutscene?

• @Goldrock said: Well hype wise you should know it gonna be a adventure style game problably very similar too jurassicpark or bttf if your expecting a gun toting left4dead or dead rising or even dead island best now just quit thinking that because you will will most likley be one of dissapointed ones.

I don't know, I heard deeper than BTTF but more exploration, problem-solving, and (hopefully) fewer QTE that make you feel pointless to whta is happening. As long as the gameplay is fun and better than Telltale's previous titles, this game and I will be on the same wave length.

@Goldrock said: I think it's pretty clear that Telltale doesn't want to show any gameplay until they've gotten as many preorders as possible.

There is no facepalm humilating enough in the world that can depict how much of a fail this comment is. Even the good trolls do their research, sport. Maybe next time.

@Goldrock said: Out of curiosity, by gameplay do you mean actual gameplay, or just an in-engine cutscene?

Or both!

• @Nintendo Boy1 said:
    There is no facepalm humilating enough in the world that can depict how much of a fail this comment is. Even the good trolls do their research, sport. Maybe next time.

I know! I am so ashamed!

Add Comment