User Avatar Image

Playstation Vita

posted by DrRocketGenius on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

Since we have a thread specifically designed to deal with the 3DS, I feel that it's only appropriate to have one for the Vita too now that it's out.

Has anyone picked one up so far? Which version? Games?

89 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

which is better the PSP or the vita

• @seibert999 said: which is better the PSP or the vita

Of course the Vita is better. The PSP is half as expensive and older. The Vita can play most downloadable PSP games, so it acts as a PSP for downloadable games, and you can even take advantage of the second stick on the Vita to make PSP games control better than they do on the original PSP.

• @seibert999 said: which is better the PSP or the vita or the ps1

Tough choice.

• It will really depend on the titles released for the Vita.. If it gets good games it will be better.

• @Rather Dashing said: Of course the Vita is better. The PSP is half as expensive and older. The Vita can play most downloadable PSP games, so it acts as a PSP for downloadable games, and you can even take advantage of the second stick on the Vita to make PSP games control better than they do on the original PSP.

To clarify, it can NOT play PSP games physically, only via download. This is kinda stupid, but you can still download them for whatever price. As for using the second stick to make PSP games better? How does that work? You can use both thumbpads or can you remap things to that thumbpad similar to the 3ds?

Also, barely seen the Vita live(my gamestop DOES have demo units, but I had a good 4 seconds to see it as I was in a hurry) sizing didn't seem to be a problem, but is the screen really showing PS3 quality graphics?

• @Gman5852 said: To clarify, it can NOT play PSP games physically, only via download. This is kinda stupid, but you can still download them for whatever price. As for using the second stick to make PSP games better? How does that work? You can use both thumbpads or can you remap things to that thumbpad similar to the 3ds?

When playing a PSP game, you can map the right analog stick to emulate the face buttons or the action buttons.

Also, barely seen the Vita live(my gamestop DOES have demo units, but I had a good 4 seconds to see it as I was in a hurry) sizing didn't seem to be a problem, but is the screen really showing PS3 quality graphics?

They aren't QUITE PS3-quality, but they're very close, and on a screen that size they are "effectively" PS3-quality. The Vita supports all the same graphics shaders and other such things, and while it lags a bit behind its console counterpart, the result is admirable.

• @Rather Dashing said: They aren't QUITE PS3-quality, but they're very close, and on a screen that size they are "effectively" PS3-quality. The Vita supports all the same graphics shaders and other such things, and while it lags a bit behind its console counterpart, the result is admirable.

there are parts of the Vita Uncharted that have me taking a little break to look around... its a really cool looking game.

• As much as I'm enjoying the vita it keeps crashing on me, hopefully that's a software issue as its only happened booting up uncharted. then I get the blinking light of death, well not death, soft reset.
    Games i got are:

Uncharted: liking that theres more emphasis on treasure hunting
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma: still an awesome game. Ninja trials give the analogues a beating
    Escape plan: kind of shit. Controls are poor and akward holding the vita without hitting the touch pad
    Rayman origins: rayman origins with relics. Loved it so much I needed to 100% it again :p

• @Rather Dashing said: When playing a PSP game, you can map the right analog stick to emulate the face buttons or the action buttons.

Figures that the best use for that I can think of is in Birth by Sleep.

• Kind of an odd comment, but I've seen it popping up so I'll say it.

I hope a lot of people aren't saying the PSP Vita is great JUST cause the graphics are a tiny bit shinier or crisper. Cause that alone is no reason to think something is better.

Add Comment