User Avatar Image

The Last Tales of Monkey Island - The saga ends (an unofficial Season Two?)

posted by Voodoomaster on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

Aye, buccaneers.
I want to present you a very important project, something we built with a lot of patience, passion, and after a lot of work and research.

logosmaller.jpg

LAST TALES OF MONKEY ISLAND is an episodic novel (with illustrations) which purpose is ending the storyline in the Monkey Island Saga, and giving at last a sequel to TALES OF MONKEY ISLAND.
It's some kind of unofficial “Tales of Monkey Island Season Two”, and the achievement of the plot needed a lot of months for studying Monkey Island characters, psychologies, storylines, humour, etc.
Then, I want to give a very, very big thank you to Dave Grossman, because I wrote him on facebook, I sent him some part of the plot, and he gave me some precious idea and advice about the story, making it more complete and interesting. Thanks, man, you're great!

This project had a respectable success among the Italian fandom (in Italy we published five episodes and ended the Part I), and now I decided to work with a translator and to present it to the international fandom. I hope you will like it, too.

So far I will give you some link and four promotional posters. First episode is translated in english yet, but we will begin wih an episodic publication (maybe weekly) only when we will have three or four complete episodes.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LastTalesOfMonkeyIsland
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/lasttalesofmi

Some poster (mixed original-not original art. The final art of the project will be fully original):

23369762.jpg35844061.jpg57780733.jpg62873600.jpg19823018.jpg52059155w.jpg84348132.jpg31855824.jpg46710771.jpg15398649.jpg

And some little disclaimer: this project is no way affiliated with Telltale, LucasArts, or wants to replace an official Season Two. On the contrary, whenever and wherever the Telltale wants to take from this project part of the plot, of the situations, of the characters, of the dialog lines, I would be only glad of it.

Thank you to everybody, we will start soon!

53 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • As an Italian I've read the entire first chapter and I can say that the story so far is wonderful and any Monkey Island fan will enjoy it.
    I'm glad this project is getting an english translation!

• I'm very glad about the idea of a translation!
    It's about time!!!

• Awesome! Can't wait for it!

I have only one recommendation: Please please please find someone who knows English and Italian perfectly! I saw many Italian projects translated horribly into English and that can ruin a good story.

A slight question regarding that... the LeChuck teaser picture has "How much time has he left" written. I have a very slightly tiny itsy-bitsy feeling that it's not really what you wanted to write there. I hope I'm wrong :) Isn't that "How much time does he have left?"

• I think that "RETURN ON MONKEY ISLAND" by italian director Spadoni still freaks the hell out of you :D:D:D

(Sorry Spad, just kiddin')

• @Silverwolfpet said: A slight question regarding that... the LeChuck teaser picture has "How much time has he left" written. I have a very slightly tiny itsy-bitsy feeling that it's not really what you wanted to write there. I hope I'm wrong :) Isn't that "How much time does he have left?"

I think you're totally right, Silverwolf. In fact, i made the correction.

As a matter of fact, I translated the posters and the site, but for the episodes I'm working with a translator that is much, much better than me with the English language :D. I hope that the final result will be the best because I perfectly understand: a bad translation can ruin the project. And if it will not be the best, well, we can't say that we did'nt try :D

I think that "RETURN ON MONKEY ISLAND" by italian director Spadoni still freaks the hell out of you

Ahauahuahauahauhauah

• @Voodoomaster said: I think you're totally right, Silverwolf. In fact, i made the correction.

As a matter of fact, I translated the posters and the site, but for the episodes I'm working with a translator that is much, much better than me with the English language :D. I hope that the final result will be the best. And if it will not be, we can't say that we did'nt try :D

I'm sure it will be fine :D I'm excited for this! Haven't read a good comic in ages!

@Voodoomaster said: I think that "RETURN ON MONKEY ISLAND" by italian director Spadoni still freaks the hell out of you :D:D:D

Hahahahahahaaaaaano ...don't... don't mention that .... ever.... :rolleyes:

Also, quick question, Voodoomaster, is it okay if I promote this through my site? Just a quick article, nothing too fancy. ^^ There are some Monkey Island fans that don't visit these forums so often.

• Also, quick question, Voodoomaster, is it okay if I promote this through my site? Just a quick article, nothing too fancy. ^^ There are some Monkey Island fans that don't visit these forums so often.

Thank you very much, Silver! I will be very proud of this and I will promote your site on my facebook page.

But, only a thing, just to be clear: it's not a comic :D , it's a novel, supported by some illustration. Maybe I did'nt explain myself so well. Have I talked you about the fact that I'm not the official translator, yet? :D

• Aye aye!

I'm one of the illustrators in this project and thanks to the upcoming English translation I will be famous all over the world! Yaahar!

Just kiddin' :)

I hope you'll enjoy this novel. I think it's exactly how you expect to read a Monkey Island game :)

• Ambitious project. I'm glad to partecipate in something so full of love for the MI series.
    I think that every MI fan will appreciate it and will love the humour and the plot of this story (hoping in a perfect english translation)!

• It’s an honor and a big pleasure for me working in this project. The my biggest dream is be involved in a new Monkey Island, and partly whit this beautiful novel I have realize this dream.. I curing the five covers of each chapter, I hope do you like this my little job and especially you have an enjoy reading!!!:)

Add Comment