User Avatar Image

Playstation Vita

posted by DrRocketGenius on - last edited - Viewed by 613 users

Since we have a thread specifically designed to deal with the 3DS, I feel that it's only appropriate to have one for the Vita too now that it's out.

Has anyone picked one up so far? Which version? Games?

89 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @seibert999 said: they dont have one

Thats a shame. Guess we go with plan B.

Get a camera, follow your parents around, and photo them in compromising positions.

Hey. Its not legal, but blackmail can be pretty effective! :D

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

i want to take a legal rought

Then go to the pet store, buy a bunch of rats, . . . .

• @Rather Dashing said: Then wait, and/or sell/trade something, and/or get a job mowing lawns or whatever.

Yeah.. no, I'd advise NOT trading/selling your PSP (if you have one) for the Vita. Since you can't play your previous PSP games on it, you're screwed or have to rebuy them - never a good compromise.

Likewise, I've always regretted trading or selling something to cover the cost of a new game or other item, which I why I make it my policy to never, ever do such a thing ever again. Plus, since all my consoles and games work, I never have to worry about not having something to play when there's nothing interesting out. ...which is most of the time for me. :p

I guess you could always wait. That's probably advisable anyways. Then you can find out from people who bought it at the start whether it's worth the money. And honestly, if you spend all your money on the Vita, how will you buy any games on it anyways? You'll just end up with a big hunk of plastic to look at while you fantasize about the games you COULD be playing on it.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

i told my family about the vita sale at best buy

• @Hiroshi Mishima said: Yeah.. no, I'd advise NOT trading/selling your PSP (if you have one) for the Vita. Since you can't play your previous PSP games on it, you're screwed or have to rebuy them - never a good compromise.

Yeah, I wouldn't trade in just your PSP either... I'd trade in your PSP and PSP games. That's what I did because I had no need for any of them anymore.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I was going to trade my DS, and my DS games

• @Alcoremortis said: I once got a hundred bucks for crawling under my parents house looking for rats. See if your parents have a rat problem.

@Alcoremortis said: they dont have one

@Alcoremortis said: i want to take a legal rought

Sigh. No rats AND a legal route? What else is there?

@Alcoremortis said: i told my family about the vita sale at best buy

Oh THAT route. The smart one :rolleyes:

• @DrRocketGenius said: Yeah, I wouldn't trade in just your PSP either... I'd trade in your PSP and PSP games. That's what I did because I had no need for any of them anymore.

Sure hope you never, ever want to replay any of those games then. Unless you decide to emulator or want to fork over more money, you're gonna be out of luck.

But then, I suppose too many gamers these days are just "beat it and trade it" and never keep most of their games to replay at later dates.. it's sad.

EDIT: I suppose my feelings on the subject are due in large part to the fact that I don't see the value in trading them in. Nothing I'd even consider trading in would be worth anything, and I resent the fact that they turn around and sell them for $10-20 or more.. often will throw out the case and manual I took care of, too.

Add Comment