User Avatar Image

Best and Worst KQ game?

posted by Anakin Skywalker on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users

Which are the best and worst KQ games, and why?

173 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • American version or Japanese versions of the manuals and games? Sometimes there are differences when NOA localized games...

Case in point, the placement of LTTP in the timeline was different in Japan than in American translations, IIRC...

But seriously, I think we are going way off topic!

• My favorite King's Quest game is King's Quest 5.

• User Avatar Image
    exo

@Chyron8472 said: NO. Don't say that. Never say that again. ever.

The games are canon. The manuals are canon (which I include because of the "Gannon" typo in the LOZ intro.)

Nintendo themselves released a zelda timeline to rectify all the games and provide some idea of where skyward sword fit in.

here we go again with Chyron deciding he doesn't like something, and even if the creator deems it so, he lives in his own universe. :rolleyes:

And as far as metroid goes... does it matter what suit your wearing? The games are all identical. Get bomb, get rocket, get sticky ball, etc etc etc. Everytime you get a new item, backtrack to the door you couldn't get through before. Continue until completion. They are fun games and some of them have remarkable art styles, but the gameplay itself is about as predictable as it gets.

• @exo said:
    And as far as metroid goes... does it matter what suit your wearing? The games are all identical. Get bomb, get rocket, get sticky ball, etc etc etc. Everytime you get a new item, backtrack to the door you couldn't get through before. Continue until completion. They are fun games and some of them have remarkable art styles, but the gameplay itself is about as predictable as it gets.

Still though, it's always been great enough to be REALLY compelling. Sure, there's a formulaic quality to it, but that formula has to then be APPLIED to an interesting and varied world that is fun to explore and at least FEELS like it has tons of secrets to uncover. It's that sense of exploration and getting lost in the world that is the essence that makes Metroid games awesome, not so much the "get item/backtrack/advance/get next item" formula.

I wouldn't say the Metroid games have suffered NEARLY as much because of the formula as Zelda games have.

• @exo said: here we go again with Chyron deciding he doesn't like something, and even if the creator deems it so, he lives in his own universe. :rolleyes:

1) George Lucas is an idiot and is ruining Star Wars. He may have the legal right to ruin Star Wars, but I don't have to be happy about it or accept it.

2) There is no cutscene, plot device nor any other element of OOT that requires the player to watch Link die. There is no game in which it is said "...after the defeat of the Hero of Time..." or any other such similar thing. His death is assumed and plays no part in any other game's story besides as a dumb way to explain the full Triforce being encountered at the end of LTTP.

@exo said: Nintendo themselves released a zelda timeline to rectify all the games and provide some idea of where skyward sword fit in.

Did you miss the part where I said: "said book may be licensed by Nintendo but that doesn't mean the ones who authorized the license for the book actually read--or had any involvement in writing--the material in question. Call it authorized fan-fiction, but it's still fan-fiction, and therefore inherently false."

Whoever wrote that book and drew that diagram is no more guessing at how the games fit than any fan might. The fact that someone at Nintendo gave them the license to draw the diagram doesn't mean that whoever made it knows what the hell they're talking about, especially when they're assuming something that hasn't happened to me in all of my OOT playthroughs since maybe the first couple of times.

• http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/10/10372867-george-lucas-greedo-always-shot-first

Lucas is now saying that Greedo always shot first, and his edits were just making that more obvious.

“It had been done in all close-ups and it was confusing about who did what to whom,” Lucas told THR. “I put a little wider shot in there that made it clear that Greedo is the one who shot first, but everyone wanted to think that Han shot first, because they wanted to think that he actually just gunned him down.”

Because he did!

Lucas goes on to blame the rest of the world for wanting Han to be a “cold-blooded killer,” thus misinterpreting the film for decades.

Ya, sure Lucas... You just keep lieing to yourself if it makes your goiter happy...

• User Avatar Image
    exo

@Chyron8472 said:
    Did you miss the part where I said: "said book may be licensed by Nintendo but that doesn't mean the ones who authorized the license for the book actually read--or had any involvement in writing--the material in question. Call it authorized fan-fiction, but it's still fan-fiction, and therefore inherently false."

Do you realize how friggin idiotic you sound? That is like you saying that KQ8 is "authorized" fan fiction just because you don't like it.

Nintendo is the owner of the Zelda franchise. So your opinion doesn't mean squat compared to what they release. i'm not saying you have to like it, but you are simply delusional if you think you can go around calling officially released materials 'authorized fan fiction".

You seem to live in a world where you create your own rules for things and then you don't understand why others don't agree with your retarded point of view.

Your opinion and whether you like something has absolutely no bearing on how official something is. Can you understand that?

• It's equatable to considering the Star Wars prequels as fan fiction. You can do it if you want. Actually, you can do anything if you want.

• User Avatar Image
    exo

I'm not saying he can't live in his own fantasy world. I'm just saying he can't expect any of us to buy into it as well.

• Well, I'm with him, really. I don't accept the timeline because it doesn't make sense and wasn't written by Miyamoto. That's all I care about.

Add Comment