User Avatar Image

Tracking My Game

posted by DAISHI on - last edited - Viewed by 3.4K users

Hold me accountable to finishing at least the background resources ok?

These are the first four sketches centering on the beginning village. They're all edge enhanced and without any line cleanup or color, so if they super rough, it's because this is the first stage of it.

Scan1.jpgScan2.jpgScan3.jpgScan.jpg

350 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm certainly no expert, but in that picture, I personally think the tree is a little off, (its kind of shiny still), the sky looks like it has much to do on it still, (I assume its still WIP right?). Maybe adding a little bit of cloud wisp to the mountain might make it look more distant (like small streaks of wisp to make it look more distant). (Maybe some shading of dark to light). Heck, maybe put a few small paths leading up there might make it look more distant.

Still its way beyond my physical capabilities, and I'm just a regular guy, so what do I know about artistic design?

• @RetroVortex said: I'm certainly no expert, but in that picture, I personally think the tree is a little off, (its kind of shiny still), the sky looks like it has much to do on it still, (I assume its still WIP right?). Maybe adding a little bit of cloud wisp to the mountain might make it look more distant (like small streaks of wisp to make it look more distant). (Maybe some shading of dark to light). Heck, maybe put a few small paths leading up there might make it look more distant.

Still its way beyond my physical capabilities, and I'm just a regular guy, so what do I know about artistic design?

Oh yeah. This has all been relayed. The tree info has been relayed, the clouds and mountains need to be faded. I take responsibility for the mountain and clouds. I did not detail them enough so they look boring, but the issues of improving their fade so they look more distant has already been conveyed. The tree is still something I'm unsatisfied with and that she will correct, but I put the far background issues on myself. I'm actually redetailing the original sketch to give her more information to go on in terms of busying up the far background.

• Final version of these before they're sent for coloring. Added ground details and cloud details mostly. Some mountain and tree details as well.

TGA_Scene01_01.jpgTGA_Scene01_02.jpgTGA_Scene01_03.jpgTGA_Scene01_05.jpgTGA_Scene01_04.jpg

Additionally I foresee that all forthcoming linework will be finished product, pre-painted. And I'll update the painted as she completes it.

• DAISHI, I only mention this because you were talking about it before, but the house on the last picture has no grass coming up against the wall. I know you fixed that in the flipped version but I didn't know if this is something that is already fixed or whatever.

• Yeah turns out it wasn't too big of a problem. She was able to redo the exterior on the house so that grass and mud looked as if it pushed up against the walls instead of the house sitting flat, so thankfully it wasn't too much of an issue.

• Oh, so that's what happened. For some reason I thought that you'd reinked it or something and that you were now posting the old version. I dunno.

• @Alcoremortis said: Oh, so that's what happened. For some reason I thought that you'd reinked it or something and that you were now posting the old version. I dunno.

The version above is a modified version of the old version. I reinked the ground textures, mountains and clouds. I just left the wall untouched because she did such a good job on her own raising the grass.

• Haha. So, Alcoremortis irked my perfectionist bone and I went back to redetail a lot of the drawings I'd done. See if you can spot the differences :P Also, I put in one new background!

TGA_Scene01_06.jpgTGA_Scene01_07.jpgTGA_Scene01_08.jpgTGA_Scene01_09.jpgTGA_Scene01_10.jpgTGA_Scene01_11.jpg

• Woo! Perfectionism for the win! We're only satisfied with a purple ribbon (That's the best in show one, right? Whatever)!

• Currently researching audio options for voice over work. Not sure if it's more cost effective to set up a home recording setup or use a recording studio.

Add Comment