User Avatar Image

Ridley Scott's Prometheus (Alien Prequel) Thread

posted by Davies on - last edited - Viewed by 4.9K users

Four leaked photos from the set of Ridley Scott's upcoming film Prometheus (aka the prequel to Alien) have been leaked. Observe and worship the following slices of awesomeness...

cave-450x335.jpgA cave of some sort. You may note that the walls have an H.R. Giger (the creator of the Alien creature) vibe to them. Also, please note that the tractor is not a part of a set but rather an asset of the production team.

entrance.jpgMankind discovers an ancient doorway built by the mysterious Space Jockey race (whose skeletal remains were seen in the original Alien). Note the hieroglyphics surrounding the archway.

prometheus_set3.jpgThis is the secondary arch, just beyond the entrance shown in the pervious photo. Note the scale of the set against the chair towards the lower portion of the photo, this set is fucking epic!

prometheus_set_2.jpgWe're now through the second archway and standing in the main chamber. All three of the above photos are displaying one massive, glorious set. You may notice that we're certainly not in Kansas anymore, but inside the genius mind of H.R. Giger. The franchise hasn't looked this close to its source material since Ridley's original '79 masterpiece...

SpaceJockey.jpgThis is the Space Jockey set from the original Alien. It looks rather similar to the leaked photo above, yes?

228 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Davies said: Obvious troll is obvious.

lol I'm gonna watch the movie. :p

• @DAISHI said: lol I'm gonna watch the movie. :p

Haha... I know mate. I was just pointing out that I was aware that you were purposefully stirring.;)

• Since this is somewhat an Alien thread, I thought I'd post this. A guy I know at work who went to school for make-up, practical and creature effects made this for me. It's actually really nice(my laptop webcam sucks though). Fully wearable prosthetic piece.

IMG0025.jpg

EDIT: .....oh and.... a new still:

4f06a2c50fee9-1.jpg

• It begins!

Oh boy, is this sweet! Due to Lindelof's involvement in the script to 'Prometheus', I suspected that we may get a viral marketing campaign similar to 'LOST'.

My suspicions were correct. Here is the first viral video, directed by Ridley Scott's son...

Peter Weyland delivers a speech at TED (Technology, Entertainment and Design).

... Awesome, right? Just like the 'LOST' virals (and the 'Cloverfield' ones for that matter), it's highly unlikely that this footage will appear in the actual film. That's why I love viral marketing so much; even when you've watched the final film, all of the viral videos still have relevance and can help you to have a greater understanding of the events seen in the final film.

Some things I noticed during the viral:

* Obviously the man in this video is the founder of the Weyland Corporation, Peter Weyland (played by Guy Pearce). At some point during the period between 'Alien' and 'Aliens', Weyland Industries (British) will merge with the Yutani Company (Japanese) to form Weyland-Yutani. It's also worth noting that this revelation eliminates 'AVP' from the canon of the 'Alien' franchise... YEEEEESSS!

* The website set up for this viral campaign; Weyland Industries.com mentions that this video from 2023 is a part of a celebration of 50 years of the Weyland Corporation. This most likely means that 'Prometheus' takes place in the year 2073 (the original 'Alien' takes place in 2122).

* They have some pretty cool camera technology in 2023. It's quite a logical, if not original concept; I'm sure you could get any camera angle you wanted using one of those hover-cams.

* Seeming as Guy Pearce is set to appear in the final film and this video is set 50 years prior to those events, I'm thinking that he'll be in old age makeup for 'Prometheus'.

* The following information on Peter Weyland is presented at the Weyland Industries website...

Peter Weyland has been a magnet for controversy since he announced his intent to build the first convincingly humanoid robotic system by the end of the decade.

Whether challenging the ethical boundaries of medicine with nanotechnology or going toe to toe with the Vatican itself on the issue of gene-therapy sterilization, Sir Peter prides himself on his motto, “If we can, we must.”

After a three year media blackout, Weyland has finally emerged to reveal where he’s heading next. Wherever that may be, we will most certainly want to follow.

What's the bet that "where he’s heading next" is on board the spacecraft named the "Prometheus", to explore the origins of mankind? I'd say it's pretty bloody likely.

• Awesome. Damn, I really can't wait.

• My favorite picture is the one of the boobs and Dallas Star.

• @Johro said: Awesome. Damn, I really can't wait.

You and me both, brother. When Guy Pearce said his name is Peter Weyland, I punched the air in excitement.

By the way, check out the pictures at the top of this page and look for the one with Noomi bloodied up and wrapped in bandages, collapsing to the floor (it's the twelfth picture up from the bottom). In the background of that shot, there are three men, one of those men is old and in a wheelchair. Can you guess who that is? I'm 80% sure that's Peter Freakin' Weyland, 50 years after making that speech. So cool!

@Johro said: My favorite picture is the one of the boobs and Dallas Star.

Heh. Yeah, I noticed that too. The hosting site must have replaced the original picture with it. I'm not going to change it though because it's kind of amusing.

• What are people doing exactly when they can't wait? How should i imagine this?

I'm looking forward to the movie as well and hope they won't make it a PG-13 rating cut.

• Okay I after watching the trailer I am also looking forward to watching this.

Looks like it could be a cinematic masterpiece, (somewhat of a rarity these days).

Got my Alien Anthology Blu Ray boxset to watch in preperation! :D

• @taumel said: I'm looking forward to the movie as well and hope they won't make it a PG-13 rating cut.

Unfortunately, there's a good chance that Fox will insist upon a PG-13 cut of the film for it's theatrical release.

However, Ridley Scott has confirmed that he's shot both PG-13 and R rated takes of many scenes. Ridley Scott is well known for releasing his un-tampered vision on DVD/Blu-Ray via a director's cut.

In short, the most likely scenario is:

Theatrical - PG13

DVD/BLU-RAY - R (more explicate violence and extended scenes)

I actually think that it's a fairly good compromise and should actually heighten the anticipation for the home release, once having seen 'Prometheus' at the cinema.

Add Comment