User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 92.8K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

Ahem. I'm putting my foot down. No more personal attacks.

Thank you.

• kinsey was a hetero dude interested in the subject of human sexuality. im not sure why he would have skewed the data to make people look more gay.

• @divisionten said: Ahem. I'm putting my foot down. No more personal attacks.

Thank you.

I agree. This is all getting a little silly.

(I kind of wish I hadn't brought this topic up in the first place now. But it was bugging me and I had to vent a little, but I had no idea it would have lead to this. Come on people! Most of us are adults here. Lets have a reasonably clean conversation here, or just move on to something else. Something random preferably! :D)

Lets talk about hats!

People are not wearing enough hats!

• @Chyron8472 said: I don't have to be an expert in the field to have an educated opinion. If that were the case, then no one should be allowed to vote in political races unless they have a degree in political studies, follow every aspect of every race and/or know each candidate personally.

The Kinsey Scale has nothing to do with statistical analysis or third-party observation, and in fact is entirely a matter of self-selection. Saying the things you are saying shows a complete unfamiliarity with the material you are talking about. You can't just rush into judging something without having any idea what that thing is. No matter how you skew it, yes, KNOWING WHAT A THING IS IS VERY HELPFUL.

• I'm not sure what it matters as long as we allow each other to live our lives. Whether the opinion arises from religous, personal or scientific reasons. When everyone thinks alike, nobody is thinking. This is America, the marketplace of ideas is all that matters. Live and let live.

• @RetroVortex said: Don't you mean... Live and Learn!?

Well if you'd asked me three years ago it would have been live and let die. But that was when I hated everything and everyone walking on the face of the planet.

• @DAISHI said: I'm not sure what it matters as long as we allow each other to live our lives. Whether the opinion arises from religous, personal or scientific reasons. When everyone thinks alike, nobody is thinking. This is America, the marketplace of ideas is all that matters. Live and let live.

Yeah, I guess I bring it up because I tend to respect those who can at least justify their opinions. Also I legitimately can't see a reason why it could be considered amoral for any reason. That idea baffles me to the core.

And I mean this in the nicest way possible, I swear! >_>;

• So my laptop seems to do this weird static thingie where it blurs specific parts of the screen at random times. Might need to have that checked...

This discussion has been closed.