User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 45.3K users

What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rather Dashing said: as for my most recent purchase:

[SW:TOR]

I find it strange that you say Bioware can suck it, but then buy The Old Republic.

• @Icedhope said: The Alien bluray collection.

Oh boy, are you in for a treat. Best. Blu-Ray set. Ever.

The transfers for 'Alien' and 'Aliens' are phenomenal, the picture is incredibly crisp and the colours have real depth.

The already superb assembly cut for 'Alien 3' has had new special effects made for it and they brought back some of the cast to re-record their dialogue especially for the Blu-Ray, making for the ultimate version of this highly underrated gem.

The special features are so comprehensive, as to the point of being ludicrous! There's tens of hours worth of documentaries, deleted scenes, audio commentaries and more.

... Gosh darn it, I sound like I'm working for Fox! Um... the transfer for 'Alien: Resurrection' isn't anything special but who gives a damn because that film is shit anyway. On top of that, the Star Wars prequels are a bloody disgrace and Fox is run by a bunch of incompetent chimps dressed in suits, pretending to be human beings. Phew, that's better!

Also, if you haven't already, be sure to check out the 'Blade Runner' 5 disc Blu-Ray set as well. It's made by the same guy who put together the 'Alien Anthology' set, so you know it's amazing. It contains all 3 versions of the film itself, as well as the work-print. It also boasts a 4 hour 'making of' and that's just the tip of the ice berg of special features.

... Ah nuts, now it sounds like I'm employed in the marketing department for Warner Bros!

• @Chyron8472 said: I find it strange that you say Bioware can suck it, but then buy The Old Republic.

Star Wars is, sadly, something of a franchise weakness of mine. I had a limited window to buy it for $30, and I buckled.

Besides, an MMO is more about actually being able to play a game with people you know. There are only so many months a person can wait around for people to "get more practice" in Frozen Synapse before submitting to the path of least resistance becomes an attractive option.

• @Davies said: Oh boy, are you in for a treat. Best. Blu-Ray set. Ever.

The transfers for 'Alien' and 'Aliens' are phenomenal, the picture is incredibly crisp and the colours have real depth.

The already superb assembly cut for 'Alien 3' has had new special effects made for it and they brought back some of the cast to re-record their dialogue especially for the Blu-Ray, making for the ultimate version of this highly underrated gem.

The special features are so comprehensive, as to the point of being ludicrous! There's tens of hours worth of documentaries, deleted scenes, audio commentaries and more.

... Gosh darn it, I sound like I'm working for Fox! Um... the transfer for 'Alien: Resurrection' isn't anything special but who gives a damn because that film is shit anyway. On top of that, the Star Wars prequels are a bloody disgrace and Fox is run by a bunch of incompetent chimps dressed in suits, pretending to be human beings. Phew, that's better!

Also, if you haven't already, be sure to check out the 'Blade Runner' 5 disc Blu-Ray set as well. It's made by the same guy who put together the 'Alien Anthology' set, so you know it's amazing.

I think you're a bit based on this one Davies :P Blade Runner is my rave pick.

• @DAISHI said: I think you're a bit based on this one Davies :P Blade Runner is my rave pick.

Have you been raiding the drinks cabinet again, Daishi? You've been warned about that by the police! Remember what happened the last time you got drunk? It took over 1200 people 57 man-hours to clear up that mess. Honestly, fancy releasing all of the animals out of the zoo and riding the back of a bengal tiger, all the whilst shouting "I am the lord of the tigers and my name is vengeance"!

To this day, not all of the komodo dragons have been accounted for.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

final fantasy IV complete collection, and little big planet both for my new PSP

• @Davies said: Have you been raiding the drinks cabinet again, Daishi? You've been warned about that by the police! Remember what happened the last time you got drunk? It took over 1200 people 57 man-hours to clear up that mess. Honestly, fancy releasing all of the animals out of the zoo and riding the back of a bengal tiger, all the whilst shouting "I am the lord of the tigers and my name is vengeance"!

To this day, not all of the komodo dragons have been accounted for.

Damn it I have to stop posting from my phone.

• I'm going to kick myself for doing so but I bought Etrian Odyssey.

£12 (+ £2.50 postage)

I just REALLY fancied an old school RPG, but one that I can play in relative comfort.
    (I've played it before, and it is HARD. Extremely Hard! O.L.D.S.C.H.O.O.L)

As much as I love Might and Magic, its hard to get enthusiasm to play it on my laptop sometimes.

Just wish now that we had the other two games over here in the UK... :/

(Trying to get hold of used US copies on ebay is pretty frustrating!)

• A toilet flapper. The old one broke last night. Why can't plumbing problems ever happen at convenient times?

• Skyrim Collector's Edition. My giftcard finally showed from IGN and my local store was having a sale. The dragon statue is sitting on top of my shelf right now looking remarkably badass.

Add Comment