User Avatar Image

Will they fix the framerate issues?

posted by Lukedfrt on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

Will Telltale fix the framerate issues on the PS3?
I'm really enjoying the game but the constant framerate issues are really annoying and constantly occuring.
Surely this isn't too much to ask? I would enjoy the game much more if it wasn't constantly slowing down :)

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So this means there will be no patch basically, its been months since it was released. That's Great, release a game that doesn't work as it should and dont fix it. Cant wait until TTG go bankrupt, i'll be laughing.

  • The game does work. I mean, I played through it several times and was able to make it all the way through each time. yes, there's a frame rate issue that is a bit anoying but its not game breaking.

  • I experienced very little frame rate issues on my 360.

  • @waroftheworlds01 said: The game does work. I mean, I played through it several times and was able to make it all the way through each time. yes, there's a frame rate issue that is a bit anoying but its not game breaking.

    It kills the experience though, when the games framerate drops every 10 seconds during an action scene and you then die.
    I wouldn't have any problems if they said sorry, we realise the problem and we'll patch it but no. They wont patch it because they are a joke of a company. They dont fix anything, never buying another product from them again.

  • What boggles my mind is that not a single person on the TT team must have played the later episodes on the PS3. How small/inexperienced must the team have been to let such a huge compatibility issue slide? This isn't like Skyrim, where the PS3 version slowed down or froze after spending tens of hours in the game. If you even TOUCH JP episode 4, you can clearly see that it's broken.

    In the long run, you (TTG) are going to lose more money the longer you keep this POS on the market than if you just pushed through a patch. In its current state, people will play through your game, be turned off, and definitely not purchase new projects such as The Walking Dead (I'm sure there are many gamers who are interested in both franchises). I desperately want your games to be good, but I'm not going to let my fanboyism affect my wallet like a manipulative girlfriend who never puts out.

  • They did have a schedule to keep though. And they did delay the game once. So It could have been a lot worse. And we talk about patches like all they have to do is hit a button and everything is fixed. We don't know how the TellTale Tool works. For all we know it would take more man hours and money to fix the frame rate to the point where it's just not worth doing. Expecially seeing how the game did not fair well review wise. Not to mention TellTale is very busy with other games now like The Walking Dead.

    I don't expect a patch. But seeing how I already played through and 100 percented each episode I don't really need one.

  • @waroftheworlds01 said:
    I don't expect a patch. But seeing how I already played through and 100 percented each episode I don't really need one.

    Was this on the PS3? I mean, if it was possible, I would have pushed through the lag and played on, but it's not, so I was forced to stop at the beginning of Episode 4. If I had been able to complete the game I paid for, I wouldn't come back and keep b****ing about it.

    Bottom line is, I don't care about how much it costs TTG. It is their responsibility to make sure that the entire experience is available to us. After that, any complaints about story and gameplay mechanics aren't their problem. Unplayability isn't an opinion. It's fact.

    Shockingly, at this point I would rate TTG even lower than EA in terms of respect (that's pretty damn low), and I'll be passing on these opinions until the company honors PS3 purchasers with what they deserved in the first place, regardless of their expectations of a TT game.

  • ^^^^^^^^^^^^^:eek: but so true

  • @Kalysm said: What boggles my mind is that not a single person on the TT team must have played the later episodes on the PS3. How small/inexperienced must the team have been to let such a huge compatibility issue slide? This isn't like Skyrim, where the PS3 version slowed down or froze after spending tens of hours in the game. If you even TOUCH JP episode 4, you can clearly see that it's broken.

    In the long run, you (TTG) are going to lose more money the longer you keep this POS on the market than if you just pushed through a patch. In its current state, people will play through your game, be turned off, and definitely not purchase new projects such as The Walking Dead (I'm sure there are many gamers who are interested in both franchises). I desperately want your games to be good, but I'm not going to let my fanboyism affect my wallet like a manipulative girlfriend who never puts out.

    I agree 100%, i wanted this game to be awesome but it does not work! And i certainly wont be buying the Walking Dead game despite the fact that i love the programme. And im sure many other people agree with you.

    @Kalysm said: Was this on the PS3? I mean, if it was possible, I would have pushed through the lag and played on, but it's not, so I was forced to stop at the beginning of Episode 4. If I had been able to complete the game I paid for, I wouldn't come back and keep b****ing about it.

    Bottom line is, I don't care about how much it costs TTG. It is their responsibility to make sure that the entire experience is available to us. After that, any complaints about story and gameplay mechanics aren't their problem. Unplayability isn't an opinion. It's fact.

    Shockingly, at this point I would rate TTG even lower than EA in terms of respect (that's pretty damn low), and I'll be passing on these opinions until the company honors PS3 purchasers with what they deserved in the first place, regardless of their expectations of a TT game.

    All of this!

  • @Kalysm said: Was this on the PS3? I mean, if it was possible, I would have pushed through the lag and played on, but it's not, so I was forced to stop at the beginning of Episode 4. If I had been able to complete the game I paid for, I wouldn't come back and keep b****ing about it.

    Bottom line is, I don't care about how much it costs TTG. It is their responsibility to make sure that the entire experience is available to us. After that, any complaints about story and gameplay mechanics aren't their problem. Unplayability isn't an opinion. It's fact.

    Shockingly, at this point I would rate TTG even lower than EA in terms of respect (that's pretty damn low), and I'll be passing on these opinions until the company honors PS3 purchasers with what they deserved in the first place, regardless of their expectations of a TT game.


    Yes, it was the PS3 version. And the game was free so I consider TT games to be a very generious company.

Add Comment