User Avatar Image

The BioWare / EA / Origin thread

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users

I couldn't readily find a thread specifically about Western RPGs or BioWare, so I made one, and expanded the title to inclue EA and Origin in case the topic changed to such.

211 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I Hate origin

• @seibert999 said: I Hate origin

Seconded. For a variety of reasons, but mostly because everything's really expensive.

taumel - I didn't ditch Dragon Age 2 because it wasn't Dragon Age 1. I ditched it because I found the combat and sidequests really, really boring. But whatever. You enjoyed it, I didn't, end of.

• I don't hate Origin. I ignore it because I don't need it.
    But I hate EA for not releasing games on Steam because of Origin.

• @Darth Marsden
    I disagree, DA2 had a number of enjoyable side quests and you found the combats boring? If you setup your camera correctly, which i agree could have been tweaked even further, then the combats actually were combats and they were manageable. Instead of the slow mow, thing, DA offered. This tactical map imported from the 80s for some strange reason, maybe because they didn't have the time to implement it properly, felt so displaced.

• I'm trying to stop this! Gah!

Yes, I found the combat boring. It was repetitive and there was far too much of it.

Now stop one-upping me!

• @Darth Marsden
    It will take me some time but i'll post a list of all the side quests and then you can mark which ones you disliked and say for which reasons. Just to get a better understanding of what you disliked about them. Then we have some more precise data we can talk about.

• By the way: if this was the EA forums DM's account would have been banned by now and he would have lost all of his games on Origin...

• @taumel said: @Darth Marsden
    It will take me some time but i'll post a list of all the side quests and then you can mark which ones you disliked and say for which reasons. Just to get a better understanding of what you disliked about them. Then we have some more precise data we can talk about.

Please, for the sake of everyone's sanity, do not do this. It's cool that you like DA2, but that would just be a waste of time.

• I just bought Excel and already invested more than half of the evening into the work, i'll guess i spend the night on it a well. We need so sort this out, now. I just need to rearrange things so that we have more space for the details.

Beside of this, the thread reactivated my interest in the game. Maybe i'll replay it, if i can find some time. The main game as well as the DLC had really nice characters. Kirkwall gave me kind of a The Bard's Tale feeling.

The Arishok was a impressive combination of raw power and being different and ominous.
    Komplettloesung-Dragon-Age-2-Hauptmissio

The confused mage in the first DLC reminded me of the Dying Earth.
    617x.jpg

Beautiful Tallis in the second DLC.
    Tallis-600x335.jpg

Add Comment