User Avatar Image

Random Telltale Questions I want to ask

posted by presidentmax on - last edited - Viewed by 416 users

Hey I haven't really been on the forums much lately, I'm more on when there is an upcoming Telltale related game I'm excited about.

Q1)Lately I've been hearing people say that Telltale have abandoned Adventure gameplay, is this true? I heard that Jurassic Park was more quicktime gameplay or something.

Q2)Did Telltale make Tales of Monkey Island set after an imaginary Monkey Island 5 so that Lucasarts could continue off from Escape of Monkey Island? If so is Tales of Monkey Island kind of non-canon to Lucasarts, and they'll write like it never happen? Or is Tales of Monkey Island actually Monkey Island 5? I do hope either Telltale or Lucasarts sorts out the cliffhanger in Tales.

Q3)After seeing the Double Fine Kickstarter I can't help thinking how awesome it would be if Telltale did some original IP, has this already happened and I haven't noticed? Do you think they ever real do a original IP?

Q4)I'm noticing a lot of people saying that Telltale have changed, lost focus or lost the magic. Is this all because of Jurassic Park, what happened since bttf?

Q5)Are Telltale just doing just King's Quest or do they have the rights to make other games like Space Quest and Police Quest?

Sorry about these questions being rather tired questions already asked but would love to hear what you have to say.

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • What happened to that "Coming Soon" page associated with S&M Season Three on the Telltale site?

• @DAISHI said: What happened to that "Coming Soon" page associated with S&M Season Three on the Telltale site?

You mean the Episode 2-5 walkthroughs?

• I don't know. It was on a big theater marquee.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@presidentmax said: Q2)Did Telltale make Tales of Monkey Island set after an imaginary Monkey Island 5 so that Lucasarts could continue off from Escape of Monkey Island? If so is Tales of Monkey Island kind of non-canon to Lucasarts, and they'll write like it never happen? Or is Tales of Monkey Island actually Monkey Island 5? I do hope either Telltale or Lucasarts sorts out the cliffhanger in Tales.

RAnthonyMahan already gave the right direction for this one. The whole talk about the Tales being set after an unwritten "Monkey Island 5" is something the guys at TTG now regret because seldom has a line been more misunderstood. ;)

All that was then meant to be communicated is: The game starts in medias res, after a never-to-be-told adventure of assembling the parts of the Cursed Cutlass of Kaflu. The idea that Lucas Arts would make an adventure that is this supposed "missing MI part" - which would also lack a finale, because that's the beginning of ToMI - is of course unthinkable. :D

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@DAISHI said: What happened to that "Coming Soon" page associated with S&M Season Three on the Telltale site?

You mean this one?

It was set up for the Toys of Power Hotline that Telltale had set up on a telephone number with a NYC area code.

• My random question is games unrelated:

What kind of maintenance service/procedure is TTG using so that the site goes down/extremely slow for something about 1-2 hours every day when it's noon in germany? I once ran into this accidently for a couple of times - automatically opened tabs.

• @Jennifer said: You mean this one?

It was set up for the Toys of Power Hotline that Telltale had set up on a telephone number with a NYC area code.

Yes. What the hell was this.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@taumel said: My random question is games unrelated:

What kind of maintenance service/procedure is TTG using so that the site goes down/extremely slow for something about 1-2 hours every day when it's noon in germany? I once ran into this accidently for a couple of times - automatically opened tabs.

In your time zone (CET) the maintenance would occur between approx. 9:57 and 11:13 A.M. every day. The mods still have hope that the downtime will be history in the new forum.

• I also experienced downtimes an hour later, it's always roughly about noon. Anyway still weird as for backup purposes there is no reason for a downtime at all, unless you have some not this well trained monkeys physically removing harddrives, entire blades or whatever.

• @Vainamoinen said: In your time zone (CET) the maintenance would occur between approx. 9:57 and 11:13 A.M. every day. The mods still have hope that the downtime will be history in the new forum.

Good to know the exact times. I just thought it was random times each morning.

Add Comment