User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 35.6K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @taumel said: And in the wonderful Steam universe a $ still is a € but nevertheless if you today buy a copy of Psychonauts who gets the money after Steam got its share?

Double Fine acquired the rights to Psychonauts last summer, before it first came out on Steam. I don't think Majesco has any claim on money from Psychonauts sales now, except maybe from physical media.

• Why can't i then buy a copy of Psychonauts for OS X/Win for instance on the Double Fine store or on a site like GOG?

• Because they chose to put it on Steam?

The fact remains:
    "Psychonauts is ™ and © 2011, Double Fine Productions, Inc."

• So they sell hardcopies of the game for every other system on the DF store except PC/Mac. This doesn't make sense to me. I guess they buy the console versions on their own, sign them and resell them. Why does this exclude PC/Mac? GOG only hosts the PC version, i don't know if GOG is primary about PC only. Anyway i would like to buy a few copies as presents but i also want DF to get most of the money and i generally feel ripped off by Steam's conversion rate.

• Sooooo, can anyone suggest which of the two EPs I should take? I'm talking about either Late Night or World Adventures. Pets is out of the question, as I don't give a damn about pets, and I actually wanted the Katy Perry Collector's Edition of Showtime, but that's not going to happen because I don't have the money for that one.

• @flesk said: before it first came out on Steam.

...before the update came out. I had my steam copy for a lot longer.

• @der_ketzer said: ...before the update came out. I had my steam copy for a lot longer.

You're right. According to Wikipedia it was first released on Steam October 11th, 2006.

• @GaryCXJk said: Sooooo, can anyone suggest which of the two EPs I should take? I'm talking about either Late Night or World Adventures. Pets is out of the question, as I don't give a damn about pets, and I actually wanted the Katy Perry Collector's Edition of Showtime, but that's not going to happen because I don't have the money for that one.

Depends which you're more interested in: travelling to new locations and going on quests, or becoming a celebrity, partying all night and becoming a vampire.

From what I can tell they're both fairly good and what they do, it's just a matter of personal preference as to which one you want. I've only ever played the core Sims 3 game, so the expansions do nothing for me.

• Ah, new page. Lovely.

Today's Daily Deal is Blade Kitten. £3.49 / $4.99.

• Today's Daily Deal is Prototype. Fun, but still a little pricey at £7.49 / $14.99.
    (not properly converted, but since the UK comes out on top, I won't complain for once, yay)

Also a couple of other deals, so pay attention!

First up is another Daily Deal, of sorts. Football Manager 2012, which is 60% off for yourself OR 75% off if you buy it as a gift for someone else and you already own the game.

Confusing, right? Well, the 66% off bit I can give prices for - £7.99 / $11.99. Can't tell you the 75% off Giftable price, since I don't actually own it (and nor do I want it, I hate football), but take another buck or two off the price and you won't be that far off.

The other offer is the 2K Games Weekend. I'm guessing this is the actual Weekend Deal. Or I could be wrong. Who knows? A different deal every day until Monday, with the entire 2K collection having some form of random discount. Woo randomness, I guess.

Today's Deal is the Borderlands series. I won't do prices since there's DLC and four-packs and GotY editions and whatnot, but basically everything Borderlands related is 75% off, so if you don't already have it and are interested (and I confidently predict that by this point no-one falls under that category), then go check it out.

I will point out a few random 2K titles that have some form of discount, though I wouldn't recommend buying them now. Wait until Sunday - that way you can see if any of them get any further discounts over the weekend.

Anyway, current deals include:

Bioshock 1 / 2 - 50% off
    Duke Nukem Forever series - 50% off
    Freedom Force series - 50% off
    Mafia series - 50% off
    Sid Meier's Civilization V series - 50% off
    THE DARKNESS 2 - 25% off (hasn't that just come out?)
    X-Com series - 50% off (make sure you get the pack if you're interested, it's basically 5 for the price of 3)

Add Comment