User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 43.6K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Gamers Gate is having a weekend sale on the Deus Ex Franchise, of which Deus Ex: Human Revolution will redeem on Steam, and the cheapest I've seen it.

Deus Ex Collection $17.49 (all three DE games, plus all DLC for DE:HR)
    DE: HR $7.49
    DE: HR Augmented Edition $9.99
    DE: HR Missing Link DLC $3.75
    other DLC $0.50 - $1.00

The other Deus Ex games are on sale as well, but they won't redeem on Steam.

• @figmentPez said: Gamers Gate is having a weekend sale on the Deus Ex Franchise, of which Deus Ex: Human Revolution will redeem on Steam, and the cheapest I've seen it.

Deus Ex Collection $17.49 (all three DE games, plus all DLC for DE:HR)
    DE: HR $7.49
    DE: HR Augmented Edition $9.99
    DE: HR Missing Link DLC $3.75
    other DLC $0.50 - $1.00

The other Deus Ex games are on sale as well, but they won't redeem on Steam.

Buy now.
    Ignore the tactical pack as it is only a few useless weapons. Explosive missions pack maybe as it does contain a new mission. Missing Link is more of the game, so buy.

• @Darth Marsden said: First up is another Daily Deal, of sorts. Football Manager 2012, which is 60% off for yourself OR 75% off if you buy it as a gift for someone else and you already own the game.

Confusing, right? Well, the 66% off bit I can give prices for - £7.99 / $11.99. Can't tell you the 75% off Giftable price, since I don't actually own it (and nor do I want it, I hate football), but take another buck or two off the price and you won't be that far off.

Just in case anyone actually wants to know the price with 75% off is £4.99 (obviously don't know US price but would guess it's around $7.49).

• Borderlands is probably worth picking up if you like FPS games, though it's a bit on the repetitive side. And the DLC is basically free since the GOTY edition is the same price as the normal game.

• Borderlands is probably one of my favorite games of the past five years. Definitely my favorite of those I've played in 2009 and a high-ranking game on my top so-and-so games ever. So yes. Buy it. A truly fantastic game, with a roughly 50 hour total playthrough time with all the DLCs included. Well worth the investment.

• I played about an hour or two of Borderlands when I first got it and I do intend to go back to it eventually, after I've finished all these hundred hour RPGs that I've got all stacked up all over the place.

• @Darth Marsden said: Today's Deal is the Borderlands series. - 75% off

F U, Steam!

I bought this at full price a few weeks back with a 10% off coupon I got from my brother, really sucks when that happens. :P

• Dude, Borderlands is always going on sale.

Wait, wasn't one of those coupons from the X-Mas Sale, was it?

• I find it amusing (and eye-rolling, tbh) that the actual Steam sale says 75% off the Borderlands franchise, when all this really applies to is 2 versions of one game (standard and GOTY), their respective 4-pack bundles, and all applicable DLC.

That's it. It's one game, not a franchise.

• @Chyron8472 said: I find it amusing (and eye-rolling, tbh) that the actual Steam sale says 75% off the Borderlands franchise, when all this really applies to is 2 versions of one game (standard and GOTY), their respective 4-pack bundles, and all applicable DLC.

That's it. It's one game, not a franchise.

Steam's standard wording for "This sale applies to more than one item" has been "franchise" for awhile now.

Add Comment