User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 24.0K users

What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

5.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • There's actually a network of people at this point who have met each other on this forum and know each other on first name basis. I still have to meet some of you duders in real life. I'm considering popping in at pax for a day, so you better be there, guru.

xdZyV.jpg

one dollar at target aw yeh

• @Comrade Pants said: Come to Atlanta for grad school! I refuse to move somewhere with strict gun laws and Elisabeth would likely pay me if I convinced you to get drunk around her. Everybody wins!

The closest I'm likely to get to Atlanta in terms of grad school is Massachusetts. Sorry, that's just how it is.

@Comrade Pants said: There's actually a network of people at this point who have met each other on this forum and know each other on first name basis. I still have to meet some of you duders in real life. I'm considering popping in at pax for a day, so you better be there, guru.

Depending on a large number of factors (namely, where I go to grad school) it is in fact possible that I may attend PAX this year. Of course, this also involves me getting tickets and also a flight, but the main difference is that this year I won't also have school at the same time.

And if I can't get PAX, then I'm going to Comic Con. And if I can't get that... AX. It's like PAX but without the P. Or the games. Or really anything that isn't anime.

...Don't hurt me.

• I've heard ax has gone way down hill from my super con going friends. I don't know though. But yeah, you don't have to even like anime anymore to go to anime conventions :p They've just sorta become gatherings for nerds.

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

Lab coat to remake my Aperture Science cosplay

attachment.php?attachmentid=2911&stc=1&d

Because I accidentally set the back of it on fire. Lesson in ironing right there.

Incidentally, if anybody here is a women's medium and wants a half-burned Aperture lab coat, send me a PM. The front is completely untouched, so it would make a cool wall hanging in a geeky secret lab/library.

• I've never actually been to a convention before, but I really want to!

There have been a few in London I've come close to actually signing up to, but something always seems to get in my way doing so.
    (Mostly work, since they have weekend events, which ironically is the only days that I work. Saturdays and Sundays)

Besides, even if I could go to one I probably wouldn't.
    The lack of people to go with is mostly the problem... :/

• @Giant Tope said: I've heard ax has gone way down hill from my super con going friends. I don't know though. But yeah, you don't have to even like anime anymore to go to anime conventions :p They've just sorta become gatherings for nerds.

It has. I didn't even go last year, actually. I don't know what it is, but it used to be great fun, with tons of people in costume... running away from the gangs of yaoi fangirls who try to get cosplayers of their favorite pairings make out...

And I only got one lollipop when I dressed up as L. I only did it for the candy and I only got the one. And it was from another L!

Disappointing.

• @Alcoremortis said: And I only got one lollipop when I dressed up as L. I only did it for the candy and I only got the one. And it was from another L!

So basically you're still bitter about growing too old to go trick-or-treating, and have been working to cheat the system ever since?

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

By the way, this is the damage to the back of the coat. The front is unscathed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2912&stc=1&d

attachment.php?attachmentid=2913&stc=1&d

Also if anyone wants the materials to make any lab coat an ApSci one, PM me. Parents own a print shop and I can make patches like these for a lab coat.

• @Rather Dashing said: So basically you're still bitter about growing too old to go trick-or-treating, and have been working to cheat the system ever since?

Doc will find a way for us! Right doc?

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

@Comrade Pants said: Come to Atlanta for grad school! I refuse to move somewhere with strict gun laws and Elisabeth would likely pay me if I convinced you to get drunk around her. Everybody wins!

Visit me and I will make you the best real Japanese food you've ever had. Places like Benihana's that call themselves habachi restaurants?

Habachi means SPACE HEATER. Those kind of places in Japan are teppanyaki. If you're going to call it by a Japanese name in lieu of Americanizing it, might as well use the right one.

Also, I make the best freaking okonomiyaki.

Add Comment