User Avatar Image

Why do people constantly slam this game?

posted by InGenWorker on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users

I’ve seen so many people slagging off this game, and frankly I just don’t understand it. This game has a ace plot line, as well as the best graphics a JP game has ever had!

I have my suspicious that people only wanted a good-graphic version of Trespasser. Telltale made it very, very clear back when they were in earlier development, that this would NOT be a dinosaur shooting game, and more like a sort of interactive movie. And so, they automatically blame the newest (and actually one of the best) Jurassic Park game, that it isn’t what they wanted.

And anyway, a dinosaur shooting game wouldn’t make any sense, in Jurassic Park. On the whole of Isla Nublar, there is a total of one T.rex, and very few Raptor’s left now, and it’s nearly the same for Isla Sorna. If they where, to say, make a Jurassic Park shooting game, people would then complain that it was poorly constructed, what with there being faaarrrr to many carnivores. There are two choices when it comes to Jurassic Park Game’s: Well put together and in-depth plots, or plot less shooting.

I’ve also heard the term ‘Lazy Development’ passed around rather frequently. This also, is incorrect, as almost as much work would have been put into Telltales Game, as would have, say, a good-graphic version of Trespasser. The T.rex roar was just a genuine mistake, I’d like to see some of these people who talk bad about the game because of this make a better game. And then of course, there’s the small delay on the games release, which I would like to point out, Telltale made up with releasing a Deluxe Edition of the game. (And I’d like to point out, also tied a few loose ends up from the movie, like the whole size issue and frill of the Dilo’s, and Triceratops/Torosaurus situation.)

There’s then whole ‘Cut Episode’ thing, but let’s keep in mind the reason this episode was cut was to get it released sooner, because we wouldn’t stop bugging them about it.

And that’s it, if you were expecting a shooter game, despite everything that you have been told by the producers, then you sir (or madam), are a nitwit.

That’s my small rant over; I just wanted to make it very clear to Telltale, that there are some people out there who appreciate their work. (And would also, be very, very greatful for a sequel game! :) )

63 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't understand why people slammed BTTF: The Game, but they did. Honestly, with JP, I can easily see why someone wouldn't like it.

• @RAnthonyMahan said: Welcome to Telltale. That's funny. I'm betting you've never played any of Telltale's pre-BttF games, have you?

And while I definitely appreciate that Telltale pays attention to their fans (at least compared to the rest of the gaming industry), that doesn't excuse making a subpar product.

Mmm lets make accusations without proof, young detective. I have played Sam and Max, and Bone, and Monkey Island.

If you didn't like Jurassic Park, it's fine. But for constant slander? One review is enough, not backtalking and insulting people for buying the game.

• @Faceslasher said: Welcome to Telltale young one.

Everyone is pissed over one thing, sadly JP got bit. People dont care that Telltale is actually nice to their fanbase and make a game, they just call telltale out. It saddens me, but many game companies are getting this. Even Valve!

If they are so good then why dont they fix their broken games? They are as bad as any other company.

• @Lukedfrt said: If they are so good then why dont they fix their broken games? They are as bad as any other company.

Why doesn't valve fix bugs in their game? Why doesn't any other company fix bugs in their game?

• @Faceslasher said: Why doesn't valve fix bugs in their game? Why doesn't any other company fix bugs in their game?

He did say TTG are as bad as any others that doesn't.

• @Faceslasher said: Why doesn't valve fix bugs in their game? Why doesn't any other company fix bugs in their game?

I did mention that other companies are just as bad if you read my post.
    If TTG cared about their customers they would fix broken games, im not asking for Jurassic Park to be a different game im asking them to make the game play as it should.

• @Lukedfrt said: I did mention that other companies are just as bad if you read my post.
    If TTG cared about their customers they would fix broken games, im not asking for Jurassic Park to be a different game im asking them to make the game play as it should.

TTG does care for it's customers. If they didn't, they would have made you pay full price to reorder the digital edition for JP. But they didn't, they even gave you a coupon incase you didn't want JP, and wanted another game.

• @Faceslasher said: TTG does care for it's customers. If they didn't, they would have made you pay full price to reorder the digital edition for JP. But they didn't, they even gave you a coupon incase you didn't want JP, and wanted another game.

That doesn't make them care for their customers, because they wouldn't release shabby products if they did.
    This will soon catch up with them, i wonder how many people will think twice before even thinking about buying the walking dead after playing this mess, I for one wont be buying it.

• @Lukedfrt said: That doesn't make them care for their customers

I think you mean to say, "That doesn't mean they care about their customers", which is wrong. They essentially gave people that pre-ordered the game for free. They didn't have to do that. I'd like you to point out any company that would do that.

As for "fixing bugs", most game companies don't do that unless it's an online game or if there's a huge amount of people unable to play it because of "bugs", such as Bethesda having to patch Skyrim just so PS3 owners could play the game or Nintendo releasing a fix for Skyward Sword that fixes a save file if you happen to get a glitch that breaks the game and doesn't allow you to press forward.

Jurassic Park and Back to the Future both suffer from being licensed games. That means they have to put them out as soon as possible, which sometimes means that glitches happen.

• @Shadowknight1 said: Jurassic Park and Back to the Future both suffer from being licensed games. That means they have to put them out as soon as possible, which sometimes means that glitches happen.

That only applies to movie-based games. As in recent movies where the game's development is rushed so it can be released the same time as the movie.

The reason why Telltale rushes their games is to meet the demands of the episodic format. Which it seems more and more like they should abandon.

Add Comment