User Avatar Image

Hector Episode 2 Mac Flickering

posted by choobs on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

When I downloaded Hector Episode 1 back in April, the Mac version had a problem with flickering on newer Macs with the 330/320 graphics chipset. Upon getting Episode 2 today, I am finding the exact same problem.

Anyone else?

46 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Seriously?? Not even a response from Caleb or Michael Parks? Are you giving us the cold shoulder?

• No, I'm sorry, but I don't have any new information to pass along in regards to the patch. I know they're aware of the issue, but I haven't been given an ETA on it yet. I definitely apologize for the inconvenience.

• Michael, why is this not a priority? It's been nearly ONE YEAR since this issue was first reported in this thread: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24470. The games we paid for are completely unusable at this point for many of us, and I'm sure many more who aren't reporting it via these forums.

Seriously, how long can this take? The complete lack of support your company offers is appalling.

• @Michael Parks said: No, I'm sorry, but I don't have any new information to pass along in regards to the patch. I know they're aware of the issue, but I haven't been given an ETA on it yet. I definitely apologize for the inconvenience.

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. You can't just keep saying "We have no ETA but we're aware of it" for this long. This is a bug that is bad enough that people aren't playing the game, and it should be relatively simple to fix.

With a somewhat small developer like Telltale, the goodwill of the fans is what makes or breaks you. Leaving fans waiting for a year on something like this doesn't make them very happy to spend more money on your games.

I get that you might be short on hands right now, but this should really be a priority, and it's clear that it's not.

• @Superninfreak said: I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. You can't just keep saying "We have no ETA but we're aware of it" for this long. This is a bug that is bad enough that people aren't playing the game, and it should be relatively simple to fix.

With a somewhat small developer like Telltale, the goodwill of the fans is what makes or breaks you. Leaving fans waiting for a year on something like this doesn't make them very happy to spend more money on your games.

I get that you might be short on hands right now, but this should really be a priority, and it's clear that it's not.

I actually stopped from buying games from Telltale because of this bug. Last one was Jurassic Park... not any more until they fix this.

• I think we were left for dead... walking dead...

We are collateral damage from past games...

Not happy at all

• There is no hope for telltale support system...

• No response?

Is this really that hard of a patch to fix?

• Hi,

Our QA department is aware of this issue, meaning there's an open bug for the development team to look at, but I haven't been offered any update on when it may be patched, or if there's a potential workaround. If you purchased the game through our site, please send me a PM with your order number and I'll get you a refund.

Thanks,
    Michael

Add Comment