User Avatar Image

Who is your favorite KQ villain?

posted by Anakin Skywalker on - last edited - Viewed by 291 users

Who is your favorite baddie in the KQ games?

38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Blackthorne519 said: Stairs without Rails ARE the Bane of the KQ Universe. (Makes note to put some in KoS)

Bt

Oh we've got something even better--are you forgetting crossing the Glass Mountains? ;)

• User Avatar Image
    exo

Oh, wait were there any stairs without rails in KQ6 and KQ7?

KQ6 does not have stairs without rails, but it does have the cliffs of logic, where if you don't click exactly on the brick you fall. And iirc, falling from anywhere above the first screen is death.

• Oh we've got something even better--are you forgetting crossing the Glass Mountains?

The mountains that enjoys, drawing blood, and slicing the living to pieces (and require special gnome equipment to keep from slipping)... Could have some rather graphic and gory death scenes there!

"KQ6 does not have stairs without rails, but it does have the cliffs of logic, where if you don't click exactly on the brick you fall. And iirc, falling from anywhere above the first screen is death.

This is true, but it feels different to me than the 'navigating' one had to do with maze-like paths (Manannan's mountains/snowy mountain cliffs/beanstalk/whaletongue/poison plants (without sugar)/path to Lolotte's castle, etc) or the staircases in the earlier games. It's all point and click (no manual navigating along a connected 'path'), and its very easy to get up on your own safely... You pretty much have to go out of your way to 'misclick'.

The stairs in the earlier games and maze-like paths, often required challenging navigating, and changing direction manually (many of the stairs were 'circular' or at least made one or two turns requiring several changes in direction)... Your character would keep on walking in one direction, at a pretty fast pace, if you weren't careful you could fall off or over compensate and fall off/poison yourself, etc. Or the mazes were invisible or semi obscured (whale tongue/beanstalk)...

• @exo said: KQ6 does not have stairs without rails, but it does have the cliffs of logic, where if you don't click exactly on the brick you fall. And iirc, falling from anywhere above the first screen is death.

If I remember, doesn't Alexander tell you to quit it, if you make him fall three times?

• @BagginsKQ said: You have to remember, she was still pretty weak at that point... She had only just regained her amulet, and was regaining her powers... Also Rosella only had minutes at that point to save her father... 24 hours had already passed... Graham like Genesta only had about 24 hours to live... So by the time you save Genesta, the time to save Graham was pretty much all up... As is explained in the game, Genesta knew he was almost dead, so she gives Rosella the chance to spend that last few moments of his life. Otherwise, in the time taken (few minutes) to get the fruit (if she was capable of doing that, assuming she had fully regained her powers enough to do that), and then return Rosella back to daventry, Graham would have already died...

That still doesn't make sense to me. She knows you have a few minutes to say goodbye to him, but she can't transport herself to the tree, pick a piece of fruit, and bring it to Graham for all the good work you did. Obviously she wasn't too weak to transport you back to Daventry, to the castle to be precise, but she couldn't transport to the tree and get a piece of fruit. Yes, I know I'm playing Devil's Advocate, but it's an aspect of the game that has always bothered me.

• @exo said: KQ6 does not have stairs without rails, but it does have the cliffs of logic, where if you don't click exactly on the brick you fall. And iirc, falling from anywhere above the first screen is death.

Mods please remove this post. It's pointing out a possible design flaw in KQ6, and any critiques of Jane Jensen cannot be tolerated.

• That still doesn't make sense to me. She knows you have a few minutes to say goodbye to him, but she can't transport herself to the tree, pick a piece of fruit, and bring it to Graham for all the good work you did. Obviously she wasn't too weak to transport you back to Daventry, to the castle to be precise, but she couldn't transport to the tree and get a piece of fruit. Yes, I know I'm playing Devil's Advocate, but it's an aspect of the game that has always bothered me.

If she only had enough time, energy and power to send Rosella to one place (that is only enough 'mana' to cast the transport spell only once), then the choice would be get fruit (but father would already be dead by the time she returned), or be sent home and see her father die (without the fruit)...

In general the way 'transport' spells work in fantasy, it doesn't really matter if you were transported 5 blocks away, or 500 miles. The same spell 'cost' applies ;).

And this is purely tongue planted in cheek, but in many of the MMOs, it seems you have to wait 30 minutes to an hour before you can cast a teleport spell again ;). It's not something you can abuse over and over again in span of a few minutes ;)...

• @Anakin Skywalker said: Mods please remove this post. It's pointing out a possible design flaw in KQ6, and any critiques of Jane Jensen cannot be tolerated.

troll?

Add Comment