User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 24.4K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I quite liked Exile. Just haven't finished it yet. Never gotten to the 4th and 5th ones yet. Or even Uru. They require an immense amount of time and it's funner when you play them with someone else.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

As Yahtzee says: So is watching Hudson Hawk.

• @MusicallyInspired said: I quite liked Exile.

Best game in the series.
    Revelation was great but had some really stupid puzzles.
    End Of Ages was utter crap. Looked worse than Myst 4. Has this "great new element" that makes you draw symbols on a stone plate to end the worlds... And you will draw stupid symbols. A lot.

• Well that's kind of sad. Wasn't Myst 5 the one that Cyan actually went back to and developed themselves again? (Where Exile and Revelations were developed by some third party, isn't that right?)

• Anyone here have problems where steam just randomly fails and restarts? I can't do anything before I have "no connection".

• @Gman5852 said: Anyone here have problems where steam just randomly fails and restarts? I can't do anything before I have "no connection".

Yeah, but that's because my ISP throttles me regularly.

• I'm sorry, the new daily deal is what?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2919&d=13320
    I'll take this moment and get 12 :D

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Ah, but the store page displays a different price, which is why I haven't posted the Daily Deal yet!

• Myst 5 is actually decent, in my opinion. It's got nice atmosphere and some nice puzzles. I will agree that every other game in the Myst series is better than Myst 5, but personally I'd say it's worth playing if you enjoy the Myst style of adventure gaming. The tablet was a bit wonky (at least once I accidentally drew the symbol that took me to a later part of the game, whoops) but as a way of taking the concept of building worlds through writing and turning it into a game mechanic, I thought it was reasonably clever even if it wasn't executed perfectly. I wouldn't say avoid the game, just go into it with your expectations a little lower than the rest of the series. I'd say it's worth playing if you really like the Myst series but it's pretty safe to skip it if you don't care for it, since it is a notch or two below the others.

@MusicallyInspired said: Well that's kind of sad. Wasn't Myst 5 the one that Cyan actually went back to and developed themselves again? (Where Exile and Revelations were developed by some third party, isn't that right?)

Yeah. While Cyan Worlds was working on Uru (sigh), Ubisoft used the licence to make a couple more games. I think they were both pretty good, though I agree that Myst 4 had a small handful of incredibly annoying puzzles. I don't know if I'd say that Myst 3 Exile is the best, but it's definitely the most balanced.

• @Darth Marsden said: Ah, but the store page displays a different price, which is why I haven't posted the Daily Deal yet!

Its been switched to 80% off which is $7

That is
    Railworks 3:Train Simulator 2012, 80% bringing you down to $7.

Add Comment