User Avatar Image

The Make Fun of America Thread

posted by NatsFan on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

As an American, I find it annoying when I make fun of some other country and some guy from that country gets all offended about it. So, to show that I'm a good sport, I invite people to make fun of/insult/rant about America in this thread. Go on, you know you want to!

58 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Maratanos said: Hey! America is flawless!

Anything stated by any public official is automatically correct. America defines truth and moral goodness. If we're doing it, it can't be wrong, and if they're doing something else, they can't be right.

Anybody who says anything else is a communist fascist terrorist racist God-hating bigot.

----
    For those of you who are criminally lacking in sarcasm detection, allow me to point out that you're a gullible moron.

only partt of that post my sarcasm detector reacted to was the gullible moron part. Thus everything else was stated as fact. :D

• Let me try...

Hi! I'm an American!

"Point-and-click games"? What do you do in them, exactly?

"Sam and Max"? Who are they?

And what are these "hardcore games" supposed to be, anyway? I'm going to spend my money on this cool new Star Wars game, because Star Wars games are in 3-D, and they have these killer graphics, and you get these awesome weapons that let you kill anyone you want!

...How was that?

• @Waitohooru said: Let me try...

Hi! I'm an American!

"Point-and-click games"? What do you do in them, exactly?

"Sam and Max"? Who are they?

And what are these "hardcore games" supposed to be, anyway? I'm going to spend my money on this cool new Star Wars game, because Star Wars games are in 3-D, and they have these killer graphics, and you get these awesome weapons that let you kill anyone you want!

...How was that?

No I think the point was to make fun of America in good fun not to complain that Freelance Police got cancelled

• @Squinky said: Does "America" include everything from Canada to South America?

HAHA, actually, ive always questioned the way the US people refers to themselves as "americans" but then the rest of the "American continent" are badly refered to as "latins" (with the exception of canada) much of the time in a very despective way while we are "americans" just as well as the people in the US.

• @glenfx said: HAHA, actually, ive always questioned the way the US people refers to themselves as "americans" but then the rest of the "American continent" are badly refered to as "latins" (with the exception of canada) much of the time in a very despective way while we are "americans" just as well as the people in the US.

I like the way when you look up a map of the states on google some of them erase the rest of the continent entirely so it looks like it doesn't even exist, and then I mistake it for ocean.

Wait, how wasn't that making fun of just me?

• @glenfx said: HAHA, actually, ive always questioned the way the US people refers to themselves as "americans" but then the rest of the "American continent" are badly refered to as "latins" (with the exception of canada) much of the time in a very despective way while we are "americans" just as well as the people in the US.

Well we are in teh United States of AMERICA. What do you want us to call ourselves? The Unnies? The Staties? Or even the Statesmen? Puh-leeze

• unitedstatians? usa-poeple? whatever...but i think most non-american citizens call us-americans simply americans as well. there are canadians, americans, mexicans and south-americans or latin-americans...or something like that. it may be not correct, but it's faster..

• Insult you? Nah. I've met lots of U.S. Americans, and liked at least half of them, possibly a bit more. I can't insult you're political system, on the grounds that the one I'm in sucks almost as badly. I'm not even touching religion, because I'm fairly sure that's a fire I can't put out and never ends well, anyway.

Almost all your television, however, is abominable. Three hundred million people, several hundred individual channels, and the number of good shows can be counted on the hand of a blind butcher. It's enough to make you buy a cinema pass. :P

I think that's all you're getting, I'm a bit out of practice at insulting generalised groups of people for virtually no reason (I'm sorry, I'll get better).

• @Mister Flibble said: No I think the point was to make fun of America in good fun not to complain that Freelance Police got cancelled

I thought that was what I was doing!

• @Limenut said:

Almost all your television, however, is abominable. Three hundred million people, several hundred individual channels, and the number of good shows can be counted on the hand of a blind butcher. It's enough to make you buy a cinema pass. :P

Hehe, I completely agree. Our shows are AWFUL. Good thing for britcom DVDs :D

(I love that "blind butcher" phrase, by the way... I'm stealing that :p)

Add Comment